We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a change

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a change

We have been travelling for the past five years in February to Barbados (loved it) but I think it is time for a change so I have a few questions, Seven Mile Beach sounds nice is the beach actually that long and can you walk the whole beach (Barbados has a Boardwalk), I noticed that you have abundant medical services how far is the nearest hospital to Seven Mile Beach (just in case), looking for a studio or one bedroom up to $125 a night USD close walking distance to restaurants, groceries store and beach, finally price comparison compared to Barbados for beer and food in stores and restaurants.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a change

Seven Mile beach is actually about 5 1/2 miles long. Yes, you can walk most of it. February is high season, so I doubt you will find anything on the beach for $125/nt. Can't compare prices to Barbados, but I pay $20/case for BudLight at home. Cost $40-45/case on Grand Cayman. Cost of food at the grocery stores is about 30% higher. One USD = 80 cents CI.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a change

Hospital is in Georgetown. Depends where you stay along SMB, but no more than about 25 minutes. I, unfortunately had to use their services a few years back and can say the care I received was excellent.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a change

Agree that $125/night in a central SMB location isn't realistic. Moderate-priced places such as Sunshine Suites and Comfort Suites will be more than that. Your best bet might be to check www.airbnb.com but even then for your price point, you'll have limited options and many just may be a room for rent in a private residence. February is prime season, especially with schools in the Northeast having mid-winter break, so I'd book ASAP if you find something that fits your needs.

Mentioned in this post
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Comfort Suites Seven...
1,450 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a change

Thanks bluewater we are not looking for beachfront but is the beach easly accessible, Hey 51/2 miles is good enough for my exercise routine, what end of the beach is good for restaurants and such

Crowley, Texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a change

There are definitely more restaurants at the South end (nearest to Georgetown). It's also the busier end of Seven Mile Beach and probably the only place to stay if you don't plan on renting a car. Having said that, I would rather stay on the North end and rent a car.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a change

Thanks texdentist good to know

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a change

I would also opt for north end of SMB or central, but not close to George Town......the beaches there are not nearly as nice. Problem is your price point

Mentioned in this post
George Town
George Town
Grand Cayman
Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a change

Another option to look at are the Harbor View Apts. that are located between SMB and Georgetown (near the Wharf Restaurant): http://www.harbourviewapartments.com

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,389 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a change

I love Barbados and have been dozens of times. It was my go to before we discovered GC. Still love it but prefer Cayman. Where did you stay in B'dos?

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Pelham
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a change

We're hoping to do the opposite. Instead of Grand Cayman, we'd like to try Barbados next year. Would you mind sharing any reasonable places to eat there? I actually thought Grand Cayman would be cheaper when I started looking at food prices there.

We found the beaches in Grand Cayman very accessible. I'm a part time wheelchair user and many of the beaches were no more than 30+ feet from parking lot to water. Try GC - you'll love it!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach