We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

Has anyone stayed in unit 37 at the Coral Stone Club? Any pros and cons would be appreciated. Are the top floor balconies that much nicer than those on the second floor (the big arch looks really great)?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

Cannot comment on Unit 37, however I have had friends who have stayed there a few times. The view is obviously nicer from the top floor and the last time they had a corner with a huge balcony. However, they were out almost all day everyday so it wouldn't have been a deal breaker for them not to have had it. All the units they have stayed in so far have been beautifully decorated, etc.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

thanks for the response

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

We rented unit 37 last summer for our children while we stayed in another one. The interior was nice. The only downside was that it is directly next to the Ritz. Our group felt it blocked a lot of sunlight coming in from the side windows(it's normally a benefit of an end unit). They ended up keeping the blinds shut a lot instead of staring at the building. There are plantings/trees in between the properties. I have rented both units 34 and 35-- end units 3rd floor-- and admit I'd put 37 behind those on my list. Haven't stayed in any second floor units to compare but did stay in a first floor recently.

Edited: 02 September 2014, 21:27
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

Thanks so much for your input...it is very helpful.

Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

We stayed in Unit 14 in April. It was the third floor corner next to Ocean's Edge condos. It was a lovely unit with a screened porch for dining and an open air balcony with two chaises off the master bedroom. The master bath also had a luxury 5 head shower. There was no noise from Ocean's Edge as we saw only one unit occupied during our time at Coral Stone. The only possible detraction from this unit is that the view of the ocean is partially blocked by a pine tree. Our unit was maintained beautifully on a daily basis by Maureen, a lovely lady who kept things spotless throughout our stay.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

Thanks, I had originally not considered that end due to the large tree. Perhaps I will reconsider now.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

Unfortunately, 34 and 35 are not available in my time frame and there are no other 3rd corner units available. Would 37 be third on your list or would you go for a 3rd floor middle unit or a lower corner unit?

How did you like the 1st floor compared to third - did you miss the view or did convenience trump it?

Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

First, I think the next door condo is Water's Edge, not Ocean's Edge as I originally wrote. I will say that it is not bright on that side either due to the close proximity of Coral Stone to Water's Edge. If anything, it is definitely more shaded. I also enjoy an end unit for the brightness and increased view but unless you can find a place that is not as populated as Seven Mile Beach it may be difficult to find what you are looking for. In any event, Coral Stone is a lovely place. Good luck.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

thanks again

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral Stone Club - Unit 37

I asked my daughter who actually stayed in unit 37 with her husband plus the ground floor with me. We only opted for ground floor this time because we had a 6 month old with us. Even those I'm particular LOL as in picking one not directly behind the pool. Ground floor was SO convenient and perfect with a baby. We did miss the privacy(could hear the guests above us when we went to bed earlier than them and their children were still awake and people would walk by on way to pool or beach. Anyway, my daughter said she'd have tried for a second floor unit instead of unit 37 but not behind pool. Voices do carry from the pool and vice versa if sitting out on balcony, granted most times it's silent out there. I know this sounds like I'm dragging it out for you but I would prefer unit 37 over the ones next to Water's Edge because of exactly what the other posted mentioned--- the owners lounge at Water's Edge juts out further than CoralStone Club on that end plus there is a larger tree that blocks the view from some units on that side. The direct view out of unit 37 is clear--- you can sit on patio/balcony and look directly at water. The interior of unit 37 was nice just as all the units there. I'm a fan of CoralStone Club overall so this all said trying to be specific for you.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach