We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flight from Grand Caymen

Tucson
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting flight from Grand Caymen

We are going to Little Caymen in early May and will have to catch the last flight to Little Caymen. We will only have an hour and a half to clear customs and immigration in Grand Caymen and are concerned that that is enough time.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flight from Grand Caymen

We have done it and 1 1/2 hours should be plenty of time. My only cautions are to keep any "must have" items on board with you and pack light. When the small plane has reached it's weight capacity, remaining luggage is left behind in Grand Cayman and delivered on the next flight to Little Cayman. Since you are on the last flight of the day, you would not receive your bag until the next day, should it be necessary to leave it behind.

Tucson
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flight from Grand Caymen

Thanks for the info. Also, is there a weight restriction on carryon bags? Since we are bringing our own dive gear I would like to have some of our stuff with us for the next day incase our dive bags get bumped.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting flight from Grand Caymen

I think that your best resource for current specifics might be the Cayman Airways webpage, since they run the flights to Little Cayman. Enjoy Little Cayman, it's a wonderful world of it's own.

Tucson
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting flight from Grand Caymen

Thanks Again. I did go to the Caymen Airways site and got some good information. We are looking forward to our May trip.

st. louis, missouri
Level Contributor
472 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting flight from Grand Caymen

The longest it took us to clear customs was perhaps 15 minutes, and we have been there twice. Basically, it is your plane that has to clear customs, and they probably have three or four agents. Should be plenty of time.

6. Re: Connecting flight from Grand Caymen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Little Cayman
Recent Conversations