We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

little cayman or brac island?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
96 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
little cayman or brac island?

IM planning a summer vacation in Cayman, one week in Grand Cayman and one week either in little cayman or brac island. Which of the two is most advisable for a family of 4 with 2 children, 6 and 9 yo?

We love snorkelling (no scuba), no interest in night life and big/luxury resort. Thanx

Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: little cayman or brac island?

Neither of these islands have big resorts or night life. If you like the beach, Little Cayman is much better than the Brac. Personally, as a non-diver, I think 1 week in either place is a long time (because they are both very very small and quiet) but I if I had to pick 1 I would say little Cayman.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: little cayman or brac island?

IWe are doing 7 nights GXC next March and considering 2 nights little cayman. Family of 5, kids 13, 11, 8. Interested in snorkeling and just experincing something different than GC. Will we need rental car and what would be best place to stay? Are there bike rentals available?

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
330 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: little cayman or brac island?

Took a day trip via plane to Cayman Brac during a week long trip to GC a few years ago. There are almost no beaches and if your not a diver I think I would pass on Cayman Brac. We rented a car and drove around the island. There are some beautiful spots and a museum, but not enough to justify the cost in my opinion. I understand Little Cayman has better snorkeling and a few beaches as well. Personally I would stay on GC the whole time if your not a diver.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: little cayman or brac island?

We just got back from GC and Brac two months ago. I would highly recommend the Brac for something different after being at GC. We loved hiking up the bluff and the views. Seeing the Boobie birds and how close you could get was awesome. I actually preferred the snorkeling in the Brac much better- unspoiled, lots of squid and fish and a few very interesting sea snakes.

5. Re: little cayman or brac island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Little Cayman