We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Cross Club and teenagers

nj
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Cross Club and teenagers

I am looking for a nice family vacation with my husband and 2 teenagers (16 and 19) next Christmas. SCC has great reviews and looks fabulous (and my husband is a diver) but I'm worried it might be too tranquil for teens. Are there many kids around? (we don't like crowded, i.e. Grand Cayman, Cancun, that kind of thing, but don't want it to be too dull for them either!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Cross Club and teenagers

Haven't stayed at SCC, but for the little I have visited on LC, if your teens don't dive or really, really love to snorkel I think they'll be bored out of their minds, especially if they need a social aspect with others their age.

Have you looked at Roatan?

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Cross Club and teenagers

During our vacation in Little Cayman, although not during the Christmas holiday, my experience was that the daytime activities were based on water activities, the evenings consisted of dinner, drinks and early to bed. Little Cayman is a very tranquil island with very few diversions. Unless your teens would be interested in learning to dive or snorkel all day , there will be little to keep them amused or occupied. Grand Cayman is not " crowded " and would offer diving for your husband and activities for you and your teens. Research a bit and don't rule it out.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
nj
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern Cross Club and teenagers

That's so funny. We went to Roatan this past xmas! And thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
4. Re: Southern Cross Club and teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2016, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Little Cayman