We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenacres holiday park area

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Greenacres holiday park area

Hi I've Just booked to go greenacres next July and was wondering does anyone know good places to eat in the area.

There are 4 adults an 4 kids 15 to 4. Looking for good pub type places to go near the site.

Thanks for any help guys.

Darren

6 replies to this topic
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenacres holiday park area

In Porthmadog there are two pubs in the Good Beer Guide:

www.thestationinnporthmadog.co.uk/

facebook.com/pages/…48024576239

They are listed as serving food but I can't comment on their quality. In my opinion, pubs that serve good beer will make more of an effort with the food too.

Meirionnydd : Cymru...
Level Contributor
62 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenacres holiday park area

I wouldn't go to The Station for food, I'm from Porthmadog and it's not somewhere I would drink. It has regulars that go there, but it's small and not really a family kind of place.

The Ship Inn has a great reputation at the moment since it was recently taken over by new management. The food is said to be lovely.

My parents went to The Sportsman and had a nice meal www.royalsportsman.co.uk.

I know people who go to the Tafarn Glanaber in Morfa Bychan, but I have not been for years. There is also a golf club which lots of locals praise.

But, i like the Grapes in Maentwrog: www.grapeshotelsnowdonia.co.uk/, The Fleece in Tremadog www.goldenfleeceinn.com

Edited: 25 October 2011, 12:48
Wales
Level Contributor
7 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenacres holiday park area

We are owners on Greenacres with grandchildren. The food on site is ok, but of course you dont want to just be eating there all week. The local pub Tafarn Glanaber in Morfa Bychan does food and is very family friendly. I have heard the Ship in Porthmadog now has an excellent reputation. The Golden Fleece in Tremadog is very good. There are two drives out I can recommend for families, the first being Pwllheli and in particular the Glynyweddw pub on the main road in Llanbedrog on the Abersoch road (excellent food and very family friendly), and Caernarfon where there are many alternatives including a Wetherspoons and a Table Table pub called the Harbwr/ Harbour down by the marina.

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greenacres holiday park area

Cheers mate. Going soon, any others places about now?

Also any Chinese resturants ?

Edited: 20 June 2012, 21:30
Wales
Level Contributor
7 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greenacres holiday park area

We have also now found an excellent cafe in Criccieth on the seafront (all in blue by the lifeboat station - right behind the Blue China cafe - very family friendly). Also near there is Cadwalladers ice cream and coffee shop with great views of the bay.There is a Chinese restaurant in Portmadoc on the main street near the Gestiana pub, basic place but food very good.Keep fingers crossed for the weather, we were there last week and the ducks were swimming in the pools on the roads !

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greenacres holiday park area

Lol cheers Dave, I've just got back from benidorm with the lads and it wasn't that good too hot drinking all the time. Good at 1st then bored of it. I can't wait for this holiday with my family in Wales. Rain or shine we will have a good time.

Reply to: Greenacres holiday park area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Morfa Bychan