We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

Canastota, New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

We are planning on staying in a vacation rental "Secluded Sunsets" on the north side, west end of the island. Until recently this rental was listed on Trip Adviser (with good reviews) but is now no longer listed.

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this place, and if so how you liked it.

Thank-you

MV Captain Keith Tibbetts
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Mysterious Sites, Historic Sites
The Bluff
Caverns & Caves, Geologic Formations
Blue Mounds
Level Contributor
6 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

It is listed on VRBO. We have stayed there before and are going again in 3 weeks. It's a great place.

Canastota, New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

Mysharona1970:

Thanks so much for the info. We will be there in early March and are really looking forward to it. I'm hoping the snorkeling in front of the place will be as good as the VRBO reviews say. Can you tell us what you enjoy most about the Island?

Blue Mounds
Level Contributor
6 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

Snorkeling outside the house is great. My husband saw lobster, turtles, nurse sharks and plenty of beautiful coral. He went out every day usually more than once. The island is so small and very relaxed. The Caymans are great because they are not trying to sell you something at every turn. No one hassles you at all. They are very polite and friendly. The house is very secluded and quiet...not a party town at all. We love it and Henry is the best VRBO host we have ever had. Do not pack too much!!!

Canastota, New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

Sounds wonderful! Thanks again for your reply, and enjoy your upcoming trip.

Boston
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

We are staying there the first week of March as well! Henry has been SO informative! Cant wait to see the Brac!

Boston
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

We are staying there the first week of March as well! Henry has been SO informative! Cant wait to see the Brac!

Blue Mounds
Level Contributor
6 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

Make sure you don't overpack. Henry has everything!! Soap, some sunscreen, books. movies, snorkel gear, reef shoes, all kinds of food and spices in the fridge. The guy has muffin pans!!! We WAY overpacked our first year. I've never stayed at a VRBO that had a full fridge of stuff. You won't need to go out and buy ketchup, mustard, mayo, peanut butter etc. I am only packing a carry on this time. There is also a washer dryer that all 3 untis can share. Plenty of beach towels. He even has rum and coke in the fridge when you get there. I ran out of toothpaste the last trip and the bathroom had plenty fo that as well. If you like quiet and relaxation...this is the place for you. We leave in 2 weeks and I'd leave this very minute if I could. Enjoy!!

Adrian, Missouri
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

I am soooo excited we arrive there April 26th! Glad to see some more good and current reviews. Did all of you rent a car?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

Definately rent a car to get around the island. Very easy driving on the left, few roads and very little traffic.

Adrian, Missouri
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Secluded Sunsets Cayman Brac

Do you have a trip report?? :) Since you recently returned and I leave for same location would love any info and advice!!!