We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming with two small kids..good or bad idea?

Southgate, Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Coming with two small kids..good or bad idea?

My husband and I are considering coming to St. Kitts or Nevis with our 1 and 4 year olds.

Are there very many families with young children?

We are interested in driving around the island to just explore. How safe is that? I mean do we have to worry about getting out of the car and having someone try to rob us or anything like that? It appears to be pretty safe. Just wanted some personal opinions.

Thanks

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming with two small kids..good or bad idea?

St. Kitt & Nevis are 2 of the safest islands in the Caribbean. Just use common sense (don't leave valuables unattended, don't travel down dark allys alone at 3AM in the morning, don't go flashing large sums of money, etc.) and you'll be just fine. Incidents of crime against tourists are rare indeed.

You'll encounter many families with children your kids age especially if you stay at the Marriott on St. Kitts or the Four Seasons (excellent children's program) or Oualie Beach on Nevis.

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming with two small kids..good or bad idea?

I have been going to St. Kitts since I was a child and have always felt safe. As Caribsurfer mentioned, use common sense and be aware of your surroundings.

In St. Kitts the Marriott has all the amenities and a children's program.

Timothy Beach Resort is located on the Caribbean and the water is very calm.

You might enjoy the following websites:

www.myislands.myeyez.net

www.stkitts-tourism.com

www.nevisisland.com

3. Re: Coming with two small kids..good or bad idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts and Nevis
More St. Kitts and Nevis Topics