We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around from the Marriot and what is this island like

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around from the Marriot and what is this island like

We are thinking about staying at the Marriot. Here are my questions. Is it an easy walk to get to restaurants? I heard there is an area where there are some restaurants and bars right on the beach. Is this close? We are very active so walking is fine for us. Also, what is St. Kitts all about? I was just recommended this place and would love to hear why you choose to go here. Thank you so much!!

Mentioned in this post
St. Kitts
St. Kitts
St. Kitts and Nevis
Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around from the Marriot and what is this island like

I'm looking forward to seeing some replies to your questions! I am also thinking of staying at the Marriott and hoping that we will be able to walk out to (reasonably priced) restaurants and easily walk to see some sights. We are active too, but will have a 10 month old baby in tow and won't easily be able to jump into a taxi. Thank you!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,401 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around from the Marriot and what is this island like

There are a number of restaurants and beach bars (don't recall exact count but something like 6 or 8 places) within reasonable walking distance of the Marriott - some are just "down the street" and you'll find plenty of beach bars "on the strip" at Frigate Bay (Caribbean Side) which is only about a 10 - 12 minute walk across the golf course (or a little bit longer if you walk along the road.

You'll need a taxi or rental car to reach other restaurants and just about all of the major tourist points of interest on the island.

Use the "Things to Do" link on the left side of this page for lots of details.

Mentioned in this post
Frigate Bay
Frigate Bay
St. Kitts
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around from the Marriot and what is this island like

flyingbee - we took our little one down to St.Kitts and Nevis and found it was easier for us to rent a car....it is a good island for car rental. When you do jump in a cab...it is not really easy to put he car seat in so I held the little one on my lap - one time I put him in my baby bjorn as that made me feel safer...

I found the cab drivers seemed to be a bit more relaxed knowing about the baby. But I also didn't need to cab much - I carried him in baby bjorn and could get to the beach bars without...down the road to any of the restaurants there either with umbrella stroller or bjorn...if we went over the Bobsy's or town it is really such a short distance I wasn't too afraid.

From the Marriott there is lot of dining option I feel.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Getting around from the Marriot and what is this island like

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts and Nevis
More St. Kitts and Nevis Topics