We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in St. Kitts

Columbus
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in St. Kitts

My husband and I are traveling to St. Kitts in the beginning of June. We are very excited. I have been reading a lot about where to eat and other activities (thank you to everyone who has posted questions and answers). We are staying at the Marriott and I beginning to get a bit concerned based on the past few posts. Is it really that bad? Since we are going during the off season, I am worried it will be even worse. We are using points which is why it is so appealing. At this point my expectations are getting really low overall. Help!

Also not sure if any vaccines are needed. Every now and then you hear about getting some Hep A or Hep B, but is that really necessary? We have traveled to the Carribean with no issues.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,813 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in St. Kitts

No vaccinations are necessary unless perhaps if you are coming from or traveling to a third wold country en route to/from St. Kitts.

No one can respond to your concerns about the Marriott without knowing specifically what is on your mind. What exactly is it you are concerned about? What do you expect? The resort is a typical Marriott "mega-resort".

Columbus
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in St. Kitts

the concerns around what is being posted on trip advisor around the dirty pool, not clean rooms, etc.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,813 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in St. Kitts

Not sure where you are getting that info - recent posts on this forum were referring problems with jacuzzi & rooms at the Marriott on Curacao not St. Kitts. If you are talking about the "reviews" that are posted in the Hotel Review section of Trip Advisor - you will find both negative and positive comments about almost every hotel - you have to take those reviews with a grain of salt.

FYI - The Marriott on St. Kitts is relatively new. I didn't see any such shortcomings during my visit this past winter.

Columbus
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in St. Kitts

Thanks for the insight. We are looking forward to it.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in St. Kitts

We stayed at the Marriott in April and the grounds and pools were very well kept. I would agree that they should not allow people to eat at the swim up bar. My kids were having smoothies and an employee was making sure this area was clean. The non-main pools were hardly used while we were there but looked very clean.

I would have to say that the cleanliness of the place depends on the guests and sometimes how crowded it is. If there is a large convention going on (there was towards the end of our trip), you get a lot of people near the swim up bar. Many will leave thir cups around the pools edge. I read a report of beer cans in some of the plantings. Why not just throw them in the waste can?

Overall, we thought the resort was very nice and would return. It was a little over 50% full when we arrived at the beginning of the week and we liked it that way.

6. Re: First time in St. Kitts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 23:21
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts