We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie is excited!

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Newbie is excited!

DH & I just booked a seven night trip to St Kitts and we're staying at the Marriott.

We're really excited because we're doing the Travelzoo deal, 6 nights for $699/person (but our agent screwed up and gave us 7 nights for $699...yayhoo!). We paid about that last year for a 5 night trip to Aruba (which we loved), but our hotel was definitely not a Marriott.

We'd never thought about St. Kitts before booking...we were planning a trip to St. Lucia instead, but this deal was too good to pass up.

Does anyone have any recommended readings aside from the forum? I've got 3.5 months to figure out all there is to do in St. Kitts!

Barrington, RI
Level Contributor
73 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie is excited!

Try www.myislands.myeyez.net - it's a wonderful resource with links and suggestions and an extraordinary forum of fun and helpful people who love St. Kitts.

We went in April, stayed at the Marriott, and loved the island! I can't wait to go back.

surrey
Level Contributor
27 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie is excited!

Definitely visit the website that Ellenok mentioned! There are lots of trip reports, restaurant and excursion feedback and also hundreds of photos (many of the Marriott). As far as I know there are no touristy guide books about St Kitts, probably becasue it's just not that developed hotel-wise. Our first trip is at the end of June and I've got pretty much all my info (and a lot of fun) from the forum at the website above. Enjoy!

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie is excited!

Another website you might find helpful is www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com and www.stkittstourism.kn

You should contact the St. Kitts Tourist Board at 1-800-582-6208 and they can send you some literature.

Stevens, PA
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie is excited!

You will have a wonderful time! St. Kitts is a wonderful island, and if you visit the forum mentioned by liz and ellenok, you will find a treasure trove of information, along with others that have been and love the island. They are more than happy to share their knowledge and photos of their trips to the island.

5. Re: Newbie is excited!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 17:22