We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit Card call from Marriott

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
430 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Credit Card call from Marriott

I used a credit card phone to call Ohio from the basement of the Mariott. I was on the phone for about 3 minutes(5 minutes tops). I got the bill today for $25.61. Just thought I would let everyone know-it is expensive, but I did not have a choice.

Praslin Island...
Level Contributor
250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit Card call from Marriott

Phone calls from the Caribbean are very expensive in general. You best use local phone cards or even better, if you have a laptop with you, you are best to use Skype or any other VOIP. This will be the cheapest option available. That's how I make my overseas calls and I pay around 2c/minute. You can't beat that.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit Card call from Marriott

Long distance phone calls from pay-phone anywhere in the world are expensive. I certainly learned that lesson both in St. Kitts and more recently in the Atlanta airport, where two phone calls of less than 4 minutes duration each came out to over $13.00 CAD, when I checked my Visa statement.

For those who don't carry lap-tops when travelling, definitely buy the local calling-cards. Or, if you know that your calls will be few and far between, it is actually cheaper to make a brief call from your hotel room than to do a pay-phone cc call. Another strategy is to call collect, if this is an option - and settle up tabs when you get home.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit Card call from Marriott

Oh, and another interesting tid-bit - for repeat visitors, it may be worth your while to invest in a cheap "pay-as-you-go" local cell phone plan. I finally did that this year. I made a few brief calls to Canada from the local cell, and when I compare to those made from hotel or pay-phone, it was definitely the most cost-effective. Probably the most cost-effective would be local cell plan plus calling card. For one-time visitors, definitely still invest in a calling card if you know you will be making more than one or two calls, or if your call will be of long duration.

4. Re: Credit Card call from Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts