We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott

San Diego...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Marriott

Looking to book in Feb. Just read a review---Not sure if I trust it but wanted some info. This review stated that there were cows on the beach??? Leaving cowpies? Also said that vendors on the beach selling their wares.I am fine with this as long as they respect our right to say no thank you.

Any feed back would be great

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott

I'll be at the Marriott next week, my first time on St. Kitts. I'll report back when I return.

St. Kitts
Level Contributor
407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott

The cows are no longer on the beach. They were only there for a short time and have been removed. The vendors on the beach are very polite and will offer you an aloe massage (Danny Boy and Beannie are great), hair braiding, and some have jewelry to sell. If you say "no thank you", they will tell you to have a nice day and move on. They are not pushy. The only one that tends to not understand the concept of no thank you is the one that sells CD's. If he gets pushy, just tell him you have no money. He will leave quickly. Have a wonderful time.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott

Just returned on Friday and am happy to report that there were no cows on the beach. I read the review you referred to. I think that poster must have had a chip on his shoulder because our experience was nothing like what he described.

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
430 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott

I was there in May and saw no cows. I know others on this board will disagree but the guy who sells the CD's on the beach (The Music Man) is a hoot. I talked to him for a 1/2 hour and he was very entertaining. I bought a CD and we played it every night before we went out. Our friends at home loved it too. He sang Big Bambu to me..one of my best and funniest memories of the trip.

5. Re: Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts
Recent Conversations