We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marriot, TBR or Royal

Suffolk
Level Contributor
294 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
marriot, TBR or Royal

any thoughts??

we are planning a week in nevis in a rental unit wo would not mind having a more hotel based stay and likley stay near frigate bay for a little bit of nightlife, we are likley to hire a car.

For the location and price I am wondering if we go for the royal (£56 per night) as oppossed to the marriot (£130 per night) as would like to get out and about and eat out.

Maybe I have answered my own question!

thoughts still appreciated

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marriot, TBR or Royal

Tough decision...I love TBR....but it is more like "rental unit" deal than "hotel". I have not seen the Royal up and running as it was just restarting when I visited two years ago....the Mariott is VERY "hotel" but less Caribbean IMHO....and a bit removed but if you rent a car that may not be a bother....

TBR does have killer sunsets if you get the right unit!! Drinks on the balcony with sunset...lovely!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marriot, TBR or Royal

They are 3 very different properties. TBR definitely puts you in the heart of the action, but is very basic in terms of a "hotel experience." If you a looking for a contrast to the rental unit, but want a bit of luxury on a big scale. with choices or restaurants, bars and shops right on site, then Marriott is your answer. If you are looking for a somewhat more low-key hotel experience at a family-run property, with plenty going for it, though not as grand as Marriott, then Royal St. Kitts may fit the bill. Word of warning: the Royal SK is not on a beach, but across the street from the Atlantic side. Caribbean beach with calmer waters and where the Frigate Bay nightlife "strip" is also located is just minutes away from both the Royal SK and the Marriott. Personally, I like all three, but for different reasons. If cost factor alone is the deciding point, then go with the Royal St. Kitts. Having a car gives you plenty of mobility and if you want to experience the Marriott, you can always walk across the street and pay a visit.

Of the three of these properties, the Marriott has the most comfortable rooms and beds, with Royal SK a close second. TBR definitely the prettiest sunset views ...

Edited: 11 February 2010, 12:35
3. Re: marriot, TBR or Royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:17