We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion Suggestions

Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Excursion Suggestions

Planning on going to St. Kitts late July. This will be our first time there, any suggestions on excursions? What has been the best? What is a must not miss? Any good speed boat excursions/ day trips? Plan on staying at Marriott. Thank you!

Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion Suggestions

I never got any response from this post. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate the help! Thank you!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursion Suggestions

For starters here's a list of some of the things you can do on St. Kitts:

Go Ziplining

Ride the Sugar Train

Visit the Fortress at Brimstone Hill

Hike the rain firest

Hike to the top of the volcano

Take a snorkel trip

Visit the BNatik Factory

Explore old ruins

Go Scuba Diving

Go Deep Sea Fishing

Take a day sail to Nevis

UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursion Suggestions

Here's a useful link to a selection of things to do on St Kitts, or you could contact Liz at The Tour Store to help you plan your excursions

…shutterfly.com/thingstodo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursion Suggestions

Absolute "Do Not Miss":

1. Brimstone Hill Fortess - well preserved, very interesting history, terrific views, World Unesco Site. In a word - amazing.

2. Spend a day at Cockleshell Bay - enjoy the beach, the view of Nevis and the three very different beach bars and restaurants along that part of the peninsula (my personal favorite is Lion's, but I find time for all three! ) Also take time to walk over beyond the Spice Mill to Banana Bay - secluded and deserted beach.

3. Spend time on the Frigate Bay "strip" at night - especially Thursday (Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack bonfire show night) or Friday ... lots of live music and fun.

4. Book yourself on a Catamaran cruise. The spirit of St. Kitts is my favorite, but either Leeward Island Charters or Blue Water Safaris are great.

5. Spend a day in Nevis - you can go by catamaran, by ferry or if renting a car, take the Sea Bridge and drive around.

6. Snorkel or scuba if that is your thing. Not as good as some other islands, as I have heard, but scuba gets rave reviews for ship-wreck exploration.

7. Spend a Sunday afternoon at South Friars Bay - at the Shipwreck beach bar - live music, great people, tons of fun. Explore the etire beach while you are there.

8. Find time to drive around the entire island, either with a tour, an informal taxi ride or on your own with rental car. Stop of at a few country inns and explore.

9. Hike the rain forest

10. Relax, slow down, take it all in and be open to new ideas and suggestions after you get there ... enjoy!

5. Re: Excursion Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 19:20
Maryladn
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursion Suggestions

I had a question about Cockleshell Bay... . We are taking a cruise to St Kitts I was wondering if this Beach was close to the port or if you might know if we could take a taxi there or if it was far away.

Thanks for your help!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursion Suggestions

Cockelshell Beach is at the southern tip of St. Kitts, about a 20 minute drive from the cruise ship dock. FYI - there are no good swimming beaches within walking distance of the cruise dock.

The easiest way to get there is to take a cab - plenty will be available when you get off the ship. Just remember to either tell the driver what time you'd like him to come back and pick up up for the return trip to your ship or get his cell phone number so you can call him when you are ready to leave.

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
435 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursion Suggestions

We went to Cockelshell Beach last month, and I wasn't impressed. Aren't there some prettier beaches??

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursion Suggestions

Another beach is South Friars.

East Greenwich...
Level Contributor
440 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursion Suggestions

Is South Friars the most beautiful beach?