We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP HELP HELP a few questions i need answering

england, leeds
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
HELP HELP HELP a few questions i need answering

i am staying in nevis and would like to know a few general things about the island , im staying at a apartment out of the tourist catchment near the four seasons resort on nevis, is it safe to catch local transport ie local buses and taxis? or am i better off with a rental car, been on the youger side of 30 can anyone recommend places to go in the evening ? and if i go st kitts willi be able to get back late at night or in the early hours and is this safe to do so , after visiting jamaica a few years ago i can see how been in the wrong place at the wrong time can be a bad idea although i have heard st kitts and nevis are generally safer islands, am i best off using local currency or us dollars and any further tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP HELP HELP a few questions i need answering

Holy macaroni - safe??? I would certainly feel totally safe on Nevis walking around with my kids...my feeling of Nevis is that it was totally totally safe...in context of course - but definetly on the safer side of things!

But rental cars are easy....we drove around with the utmost of ease.

I love Jamaica....and I am not stupid about any island...(I think...) but Jamaica and its issues currently or over the long term are just not in the same league as islands like St.Kitts or Nevis. I gather St.Kitts is having some issues of its own similar to JA but on a much smaller scale and not tourist focused at all. I travel to St.Kitts with confidence and we drive all over the island no problem and at night no problem - but with that everywhere in the world has its questionable locations and I think most of the time you feel that when you are there so you don't stop THERE and have a drink at midnight, chat with all the boys etc....

I use a combination of EC and US....when you use the local ATMS they often give you EC...which is widely if not totally used.

What else - They are both sensational islands!

england, leeds
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP HELP HELP a few questions i need answering

thanks for your reply , any hints for the cheapest car hire place probably have one for 10 days, heard of one called albern or something along those lines

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP HELP HELP a few questions i need answering

Well the thing is about car rentals is we rented in St.Kitts and we swear by Bullseye...but they are based in St.Kitts and I may be wrong but it sounds like you are based in Nevis - is this correct? With all of that being said - they did provide a car for us when we went to Nevis - so I would check if they have an office in Nevis too - the great thing about them is that you can rent a car on one island and without interruption you get it ready for you on the other island...same price no additional day rental etc....even though we basically monopolized two cars for that day...one parked waiting for us at the carpark in St.Kitts and the other as we scooted happily around Nevis...

We found them to have excellent customer service and the price was really competitive and I believe if you say you heard about them here or on the St.Kitts / Nevis site.... (sknmyislands.com) you get a discount!

For great detailed information about SKB and Nevis check out the above mentioned site too - I found the people there extremely helpful and the information detailed!

4. Re: HELP HELP HELP a few questions i need answering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 06:16