We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St.Kitts in Mid November

Attleboro...
Level Contributor
141 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
St.Kitts in Mid November

Just got word we got an exchange at Marriott Beach Club for mid-November. Have to decide by morning. St. Kitts in November - I see it is a rainier month than others and the off chance of late season hurricanes, but what has been people's experience? We own in Aruba so perhaps a bit spoiled!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St.Kitts in Mid November

Mid- November is the tail end of Hurricane Season and while major storms are possible they are relatively rare. To put things in perspective since 1851 only three tropical storms/hurricanes have come anywhere close to St. Kitts in November.

November does get it's fair share of rain (average about 5.2 inches for the month vs. 2.5 to 3.5 inches in the drier months) but that usually comes in the form of fast moving, widely scattered showers lasting minutes rather than hours (although there could be 2 or 3 brief showers in the same day). It's not unusual for it to rain on one part of the island (mostly up in the rain forest - hence the name) and there be bright sun 1/4 mile away. Overall odds are rain probably won't ruin your vacation. Of course you are dealing with mother nature so there are no guarantees.

Hope this helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St.Kitts in Mid November

I went in early-mid November about 4 years ago. it was lovely - very green and lush, very warm seas. Temps high and a bit more humid than I would have liked, but still a very nice time on island.

St. Kitts
Level Contributor
407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: St.Kitts in Mid November

Before moving to St. Kitts in 1/01, we always vacationed the first two weeks of November and very rarely had rain. Since I moved here, we have never had a hurrican in Nov. This is the tropics and we do have a fair amount of rain, but it is usually a sudden downpour and then lots of sunshine. Give St. Kitts a try. I think you will find the rain forests so much more beautiful than the flat, dry island of Aruba. Aruba does have lovely beaches, but St. Ktts has so much more to offer in the way of natural beauty and its' awesome people.

Attleboro...
Level Contributor
141 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St.Kitts in Mid November

Can't wait! Thanks.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
153 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St.Kitts in Mid November

we exchanged to Aruba a couple of years ago..... you will LOVE St. kitts..... don't miss it, grab it immediately

6. Re: St.Kitts in Mid November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 02:17