We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Kitts

Chatham,Kent
2 posts
Save Topic
St Kitts

Hi,

Please can anyone help me?

My husband and I will be going on a cruise which will visit St Kitts at the end of October (only for the day sadly) but it will be my husbands 60th Birthday and we would like to find some where nice for lunch and drinks.

Near to the port if possible.

Grateful for any feedback

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,949 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Kitts

There are several places where you can get lunch and drinks that are within walking distance of the cruise ship dock BUT if you want something really special for his birthday take a cab ($16US & 15 minute ride) to Carambola Restaurant on South Friars Beach. It's a visually stunning restaurant where you'll sit just yards from the water and dine on some of the best food on the island.

It's so good, a number of us who live on Nevis make special trips to St. Kitts several times a year just to have lunch here.

If beachside dining doesn't appeal to you take a taxi to Otley's Plantation ($18US & 20 minute ride) and dine while overlooking wonderful gardens and the Caribbean sea off in the distance.

For a 60th birthday lunch either place would be perfect - any other dining place would be "second best".

Chatham,Kent
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St Kitts

Many thanks for the information.

I think it will be the beach location.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
308 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Kitts

Another nice place to have lunch is Palm Court Gardens a short walk from the port.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Kitts

Carambola is a gorgeous restaurant in a gorgeous location. My only hesitation is that some of the cruise ships are carting passengers there to enjoy the beach. When we stopped in for lunch in late February, the restaurant was virtually deserted, while the beach (i.e. the view) was packed with sunbathers and equipment rental stands. They also appeared to be serving a somewhat limited menu, possibly designed to serve the large number of cruise ship passengers. We decided to skip lunch a Carambola's and went to Cathy's (a beach shack type place, so not what you are looking for) instead.

Ottley's, a restored and preserved sugar plantation, is completely different - high above the sea, expansive lawns and tropical gardens, very quiet and peaceful. This place is from another time, and quite unique to St Kitts. Although we stayed at Ottley's for five nights, I had only one lunch there. Lunch was very good!

5. Re: St Kitts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 15:19
6. Re: St Kitts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:19