We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
862 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

We were looking into booking a special with Marriott with buy 4 nights get 3 free. I spent over a 1/2 hour on the phone with a booking rep and they seemed as clueless as I am about how they charge for this. Anyone have experience with any of these questions, or can direct me to an email address for the resort (I could not locate one)?

1. The rate is $259 / night for the 2 bedroom villa we are looking at for 7 nights for 4 people. I figure that to be $259 * 4 nights (3 free) = $1036 plus taxes. Our estimated total came in at almost $3000 after my confirm was emailed to me.

2. The rep said they would deduct the 3 nights at time checking out, but she said I might still have to pay the taxes and fees on those 3 free nights. Does that seem right?

3. The bill lists out $80 per night for the two extra people per room ($40 per person). When booking a 2 bedroom villa would there actually be a $40 per person extra fee?

4. Does anyone know the tax rate for staying at a resort in Saint Kitts? Does Marriott add another rate on top of the government tax rate?

I would like to stay at this resort, but it is hard to plan for it when I don't know what we'll ultimately pay. I know there are also hefty internet fees ($75 for the week) and 12.5% automatic gratuity fees, etc... Buying 4 nights and getting 3 free seems like a great deal but I wonder if it really isn't. Any help with these questions or pointing me in the right direction (calling Marriott reservations didn't help much) is appreciated.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

Why don't you call the resort directly ( not the 800 toll free number or the general Marriott Reservation number) and ask them? You will find the number ( it will have am 869 Area Code) on their website.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
862 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

I figured it would be an international call. I have a business provided cell phone that doesn't include international calls.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

What about using your "regular" home phone or even your personal cell phone? Calling from the US to St. Kitts is not all that expensive. From St. Louis the call will probably cost you all of about $1.25, maybe even less, assuming you don't spend "hours" on the phone. The people at the Marriott should be able to answer your question(s) in about 2 minutes.

By the way, the direct dial number from the US is: 1-869-466-1200

4. Re: Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 15:19
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
862 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

I contacted them via facebook, and they called me so it worked out. Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

Glad to hear that they are so responsive to queries on Facebook. It is always best to check directly with the property to clarify such questions, as central call-number employees are representing a variety of properties, and different specials from around the world. Issues of how taxes are applied to specials are a regional (country, state, province, local tourism boards/authorities, board of trade etc.) decision based on local policies and/or legislation. So the property "on the ground" will always know best.

Glad it worked out for you. Have a wonderful time!

7. Re: Marriott ResoQuestions - mainly in regards to fees / charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts
Recent Conversations