We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to St. Kitts

NY, NY
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to St. Kitts

My parents booked a week at the Marriott St. Kitts Beach club in November as vacation club owners. It looks beautiful but from what I'm seeing it seems to be a bit remote logistically. We live in NY and my husband and I have no issue with connecting flights but we have two children coming with us who at the time will be 2 and 4. I see one flight off the island to Miami at 3:30 pm on Friday which gets us home at about 11:30 pm. Again, if it was just the two of us I wouldn't mind but is the island worth the hassle of getting there just to stay for free? We've been to a few other islands in the Caribbean (via nonstop flights) so we're just trying to decide what to do.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to St. Kitts

For what it is wrath, American Airlines has non-stops from JFK to St. Kitts on Wednesdays and Saturdays (departing in the afternoon). The return non-stop flies on Thursdays and Sundays (departing in the morning). Any other day of the week requires a connecting flight.

Sorry, only YOU can decide if getting there and back is worth the hassle for a free stay.

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to St. Kitts

Answered similar question before. Sadly after early May AA is stopping direct flights to Saint Kitts. We are leaving end of May and are forced on new routing via Miami. Hope this helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to St. Kitts

I was looking today at booking flights in late June/early July and the non-stop JFK/SKB flight is available. Would love to know if there is any real truth to this non-stop twice weekly flight being cancelled ...

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to St. Kitts

AA has started the non stop to St. Kitts in June - only downside is that the flight from JFK leaves at 5 p.m. but coming back to JFK the flight is at 10:30 a.m. Unfortunately we have to go through Miami for our May trip.

5. Re: Getting to St. Kitts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts