We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine's

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sunshine's

Anyone been to Sunshine's recently? How is the coolest bar in the Caribbean doing? When we were there Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York popped in for a drink. Any other celebs been spotted of late?

Take care, DrMike.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunshine's

Was there last week - Sunshines is still there. He's added some more tables, a few "covered" seating areas and he rents small sailboats and has access to other watersports. I didn't see anyone famous the day I was there unless you want to count ME.

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunshine's

There is a new beach bar that has opened past Sunshine's. It's called Chevy's Beach Bar. I was there in December and loved it. I found Sunshine's too crowded and noisy. The service and food at Chevy's was fantastic. Their "Stinger" and "Pink Panty" cocktails are excellent.

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunshine's

Much prefer Sunshine's over Chevy's.

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunshine's

Liz,

Hope you get commission from Chevy !

Nevis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunshine's

nilechamp,

Ha ha ha. & LOL, LOL ! Nope but I wish i'd have thought of that ! Long time no see you at Chevy's a complimentary "Stinger" awaits you too ! Amelia

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunshine's

No commission from Chevy's :( Just a few comp Stingers.

My family is from St. Kitts and I enjoy promoting various restaurants and hotels in St. Kitts & Nevis.

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunshine's

Liz,

One of is us appears to be under a misunderstanding.

I thought tripadvisor was for travellers to share their experiences and advice. Not for people to 'promote' their 'friends and relatives' businesses.

PS

The good news is that a meeting between Newfound Properties and the Administration took place on Wednesday night. Newfound have purchased the land that Chevy and Double Deuce currently have their bars upon. I understand that at this meeting they have agreed to allow both Chevy and Double Deuce to stay on their current sites. Great news for Nevis as so much of its character revolves around the beach bars. Sunshine's land is not owned by Newfound and I am not aware of the current legal status.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunshine's

Just in Liz's defence - she has been to St. Kitts many, many times and I believe she is doing exactly what this forum is for - sharing her experiences and giving her advice. And I'm pretty sure her and Chevy aren't related!!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunshine's

There are 2 or 3 contributotrs on this and other forums who always tout up Chevy's. My two attempts at having lunch there didn't live up to the hype and expectations one gets from reading comments on the travel forums. On my first visit - despite being the only customers we waited about 15 minutes before our drinks were brought to the table and another 40 minutes after placing our food order for the lunch to arrive. When it came it was a disappointment - I had watery pumpkin soup with absolutely no taste, ribs that were "refrigerator cold" and covered with a luke warm Bar-B-Que sauce and my spouse had a bland hamburger and cold French Fries. A couple of months later thinking we might have been there on an "off day" we tried again but still had very slow service, were served less than ice cold beer, and our "catch of the day" was just average. FYI - we compared our experiences with several of our ex-pat friends and none have been impressed with their meals at Chevy's. Sorry Amelia, that this might not want to be what you'd like to hear but I just can't seem to make myself try a third visit.

Nevis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunshine's

Caribsurfed

You are entitled to your opinion. (biased or not ) Let the forums and many visitors to Nevis and Chevy's speak, as they have glowingly done so.

PS. Were you under ther impression that i had invited you as you said for a third time? Oh well.........

If you want to catch up on all the activities that St Kitts and Nevis has to offer then visit the site below.

http://www.myislands.myeyez.net/

Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations