We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

My husband is a big fan of Alexander Hamilton and has been wanting to go to Nevis for more than a year, but the Four Seasons has been full whenever we've hoped to come, and we're big FS fans.

My enthusiasm for FS is now dwindling... We would like to come to Nevis for 7-8 nights after Christmas. I've called twice and emailed the reservations person and can't get a response. They appear to be full on their website or require a 10-night minimum during this period, which I don't think we can do.

At the same time, we are real golf lovers and on this website it states that non-FS guests can golf there anytime EXCEPT during Christmas and New Year's. Is this true? We would be VERY disappointed to get down there and be unable to play.

Also, any suggestions on another very nice Nevis resort? We're a young couple that looks forward to getting away from our hectic city lives to anjoy some great weather, the beach and just relaxing and not having to worry about anything.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

Four Seasons is probably already booked solid for Christmas/New Years - that's happened just about every year since they've been opened - most guests make their reservations at least a year in advance and many have been repeat guests at Christmas time for multiple years. And yes, they have a minimum stay requirement during that period (not sure if its 10 or 14 days). This resort has an average year round occupancy rate of between 85% to 90% and is often booked solid by large groups. It is always 100% booked at Christmas.

When the resort is "full" they close all the resorts facilities, including golf, to all non-guests so you won't be able to play golf between Christmas and New Years if you are not staying there. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but it's just a fact of life at that Resort and no amount of wishing or hopeing is going to change it.

The next best "beachfront" resort on the island is Nisbet Plantation Beach Club (www.nisbetplantation.com).

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,494 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

"After Christmas" is a wide expanse of time. Caribsurfer is correct that the resort is booked up a year in advance for the holidays. Everybody from the north wants to go south for the winter. I don't understand how you could call the resort and not be able to speak to someone at reservations. Did you try the direct line to 4S Nevis? 1-869-469-1111. It's a direct dial from the U.S. It's a satellite hook-up so it will cost you about $2.00 US per minute but it could cut through some red-tape for you. The 4S resorts' international switchboard for USA and Canada is 1-800- 819-5053. There is a big price break if you go "low season" (after Easter and before Thanksgiving) --- about 1/2 price compared to the Winter high season.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

Thanks so much! This is very helpful info. Maybe we'll go at another time or choose another place. It would be too hard on us to go "golfless."

BTW, I did call the FS Nevis direct line a couple of times, but they gave me the email address to contact. Thanks again!

Nevis
Level Contributor
259 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

I'll second Nisbet Plantation. It's a beautiful hotel with attentive service that still retains a laid back feel. I also believe their Great Room currently serves the best food on the island (including 4S who I would put at 3rd behind Montpelier).

There is no golf course but if you are here for Christmas you could enquire about the Marriot's course on St Kitts.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,494 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

Beside operaisfun, you don't want to miss the lyric's full season! Why don't you come down after Spring break? It's still not golfing weather in Chicago then.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,494 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

try www.fourseasons.com/nevis click on room rates and plug in dates after January 11. I come up with rooms starting at $1070.00 and villas at $2700.00. - no packages available during high season. Non-high season can get you as low as $750./night and 1700. for a villa plus the packages are offered at low season.

7. Re: A bit frustrated - Christmas non-FS Nevis getaway with golf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 07:21
Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations