We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marshall's Restaurant Review

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nevis
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Marshall's Restaurant Review

In the past week, Trish and I have dined twice at the new Marshall's Restaurant in Nevis. It would seem these folks are going to challenge every high-end restaurant on Nevis for service, cuisine, and value.

We love Montpelier, Nisbett, Hermitage, Bananas, Coconut Grove,and other terrific restaurants on Nevis, but were very impressed by what Marshall's has to offer.

We ate there twice just to make sure that the first time wasn't an outlier. Both times the food was incredible. First time, I had a rib-eye steak that was something like Kobe, and Trish had some scallops that she shared with me that were out of this world. Tonite, I ordered those scallops, and she had a seabass that everyone on island has been raving about. Terrific. We both shared chocolate desserts each time that were to die for.

And the wine list is very good and affordable - both nights we had very good bottles that were in the $35-$40 range - good value on Nevis, where bottles often go for much, much more. Both times we got out for about $120 for both of us for an exceptional dinner - again, good value on Nevis for a high-end dinner experience.

And the ambiance is very, very, nice with tables surrounding a fountain courtyard. They perhaps "lucked out" with the 4Seasons closing temporarily and being able to pick up some of the most exceptional staff. All were very friendly, accommodating, attentive, and professional.

All in all, Marshall's seems to now be a must-do restaurant for folks looking for a good value high end dinner to rival any other on Nevis.

*Highly* recommended.

Chris

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

Like NevisMoke we ate at the "new" Marshall's about a week ago and had an excellent meal. We were a little concerned about going since there was a Fund Raiser (it was the first time the restaurant served food to the ppublic) at the restaurant a few days before and many of the attendees reported the they were disappointed with the food service. We decided to ignore those "reviews" based on the fact that it would be extremely difficult for a restaurant that had not yet had its official opening to serve a hundred people.

Anyway, we were glad tp have waited a few days before going. The setting is very attractive, the staff very attentive and the menu was varied an imaginative. There were numerous items to choose from, each sounding better than the last. Our food was perfectly done.

We enjoyed it so much we are going again this week-end.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,061 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

Great news--thanks for the reviews. Where is Marshall's located? Is it an off-shoot of Marshall's in St. Kitts?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
182 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

It is located in the lower level at Cliffdeweller's, just next to Sugar Mill RE.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,061 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

Thanks for the location information. Great to have a new place to try.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
182 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

In deed. The price looks great considering a $30-40 bottle of wine was included, making it an $80-90 dinner. Great news for those looking for an excellent, affordable dinning experience.

Boston
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what Nilechamp has to say!

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

Thanks Bill!

Hope to try it out later next week. There is another new retaurant on Nevis called the Yachtsman. I Tried that last week but reserving opinion until a second try.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

We ate at Yachtsman Grill for lunch twice and had very good hamburgers with french fries and salad. Though they were some of the best on the island. Dinner last week was "mixed". Appetizers were tasty as were the main course scallops. Those in our party that had the steak found them to be a bit on the tough side.

Nevis
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

I've eaten at Yachtsman's twice so far. It's owned by Greg Slagon who owns the Polaris dealership across the main road. The burgers aren't as good as at Double-Deuces, but as DD is "finish" with burgers more often than when they have them, the "best burger on island" is the one that's got 'em, and Yachtsman's is a really good burger. I think Yachtsman's wins the prize for the highest priced Carib on island, though - $11EC, compared to $5EC almost everywhere else. But of course their Carib is better than anywhere else on island ;-. Haven't gone there for dinner - seemed to me to be much more a lunch place.

It's a nice atmosphere, but a little strange being in the Nelson's Spring complex with signs everywhere warning no-one except residents and guests beyond this point at every access to the restaurant. There is no discernible parking.

But I'm hoping they get these problems worked out. Greg has a good concept and lots of interesting plans, and I hope it works out well for everyone!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
182 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marshall's Restaurant Review

I think that DD has reasonably good hamburgers, but Golden Rock serves a better tasting one and I long for 4 Season's to be back in operation as their $18 hamburger is by far the island's best.

Get answers to your questions about Nevis