We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Engagement Dinner

chicago
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Engagement Dinner

I'm getting engaged right before I head down to Nevis. I’m looking to take my girlfriend...ops fiancé to a nice dinner to celebrate. What's consider the best restaurant (food, ambience, services, etc) on the island. Also, where would you go for Jerk Chicken.

Thanks,

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Engagement Dinner

Without a doubt the best food, ambiance, service and most romantic restaurant on Nevis is at Montpelier Inn. If they are serving dinner in the Mill (they don't do it every night) the night you are plannig to go book a table there. It's a cozy, candlelit room with only a few tables - a perfect place to celebrate your engagement. If they are not serving in the Mill DON'T WORRY as you'll be seated on the Terrace which has the same food and service. The ambiance is similar to the Mill in that you'll still be dining by candlelight but you'll also have views of the from Charlestown and Basseterre (on St. Kitts) off in the distance. Before dinner plan to have cocktails and hors d'ouvers in the Great Room when you can sit and chat with outer guests and the Inn's owners.

There are several other upscale dinning places on Nevis such as the Great House at Nisbet, Coconut Grove, Marshall's, to name a few but none hold a candle to Montpelier. Go there and you'll have a memory that will last a lifetime.

As for Jerk Chicken, you'll find that on menus of most local restaurants. I'm not a fan of Jerk Chicken so I'll leave the recommendations on that dish to others.

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Engagement Dinner

Montpelier would be a lovely venue for your celebration but it's not the one and only choice.

For me the food, ambience and service is often just as good and sometimes better at Nisbet Plantation Inn.

Montpelier probably does have the edge on the romance side.

But if romance is high on your wish list then you should take a good look at Hermitage. Food and service are excellent and ambience very intimate.

Jerk Chicken - for the best authentic, succulent jerk chicken head up to a little road side food stall in Hard Times (Gingerland) run by a lovely lady called Louise. Saturdays only though I believe.

ashford
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Engagement Dinner

Congratulations! We have not been to MI but loved Nisbet & Bananas. Hope this helps.

4. Re: Engagement Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations