We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wednesday night dinner

Boston
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wednesday night dinner

To this esteemed board:

On Wednesday we get up very early to catch our flight to St. Kitts arriving on island around 5pm. We're looking for a place to have our first dinner. Thought about Bananas but too high end for a couple of weary travelers on their first night. Thought about Seafood Madness but not crazy about the location. Galipot would be perfect, but they seem unwilling to open on Wednesday just for us.

So what shall it be? Any suggestions?

Bill

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,939 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wednesday night dinner

Normally I'd say Gallipot but since it will be Wednesday my first choice would be Double Deuce - very good food, casual beach bar environment - a great place for a good meal and cold drinks after a long day of travel.

Of course there's always Sunshine's or Lime - both are reliable places.

A another suggestion is Pizza Beach - here again a casual spot with tasty local food, pizza and some "Mexican specialties".

If you want Chinese food, try Gold Coast.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
182 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wednesday night dinner

Actually Bananas is not that high end; their meals are reasonably priced. You should also not be concerned about Seafood Madness's location. It is reasonabley safe. In addition to CS's suggestions you could try Reviere on Government Road or the all inclusive- appitizer, entre and desser-t for US$35 at Hermitage or Coconut Gove.

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wednesday night dinner

We often go to Pizza Beach on the night of our arrival. It's easy, cheap and you know you've arrived with a table right on the ocean's edge.

Unfortunately Hermitage do not include the dessert in their $35 buffet. They also charge an extra 19% under the heading TAX (though Nevis actually only charge 9% tax). Coconut Grove do include the dessert in their $35 AND include the tax but I would save this for a more special night. Watch out for the very expensive drinks though. Last time I bought a Heineken it was $23 ec.

Riviere is also easy and convenient though once again you may wish to save it for your gourmet's tour through the week.

Boston
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wednesday night dinner

Thanks all for your suggestions. Sounds like pizza Wednesday night. We're going to save Banana's for an evening when we are no so tired and can fully enjoy! All the others are great suggestions as well. Regards.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
182 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wednesday night dinner

Nilechamp- I was not speaking of Hermitage's Weds. night buffet, but rather their regular evening menu which normally carries four entrées that include app/soup, and dessert for $35- unless they have discontinued that offering. They are also accustomed to their guests dinning after a long day of traveling.

6. Re: Wednesday night dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nevis