We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nesbit plantaion questions

nj
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
nesbit plantaion questions

my wife and i are going to nesbit this april. some questions. how was the food there? would anyone recomend the meal plan? how was the rest of the island? windy? was it free from jet skis and motor craft, i'm looking for quiet.

...ed

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

The food is great!! Chef Tony is a great chef and has a very nice caribbean feel to his food. They also have a really cool Thursday night beach BBQ. Afternoon tea is my mother-in-laws favorite.

Nisbit is on the windy side of the Island, but the breeze is nice on a warm day. This is my wife's favorite beach. The good news it is against the law to buy and import jet skis to the island, but if they were here before the rule it was ok. The jet skis stay near 4 seasons so Nisbit is super quiet. Lay back in there nice chairs, drink a cool Carib and enjoy!!!

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

You've chosen a great hotel and in my wifes opinion (she is the expert!) the best beach on the island. I love it too because the constant breeze keeps it cool but more importantly keeps it free of mosquitos in the evening. Food is great at Nesbit, don't miss the Thursday night BBQ. The hotel is run by Wally and Bev who treat you as if you were a private house guest!!.

I see your first reply is from chefjason. I believe he is based at Oualie where they also serve wonderful food and have my wifes second favourite beach.

I'm not sure about the meal plan because there are lots of great restaurants to try. Not to missed are: Hermitage, Gallipot, Montpelier, Coconut Grove, Cafe D'Art, The Bistro, Sunshines and many more.

We only went to Nevis for the first time this year but fell in love with the place and have already been back twice. We were so entranced we have bought some land and will be building a holiday home during 2006.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Boston
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

Nilechamp--

We also decided, all things considered, Nevis to be our favorite island and looked at property. I'd like to learn more about your experience in buying. Is there a way I can contact you directly?

Bill

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

Bill

Although the island is only 36 sq miles we travelled over a 1000 miles in our first four weeks and were still discovering new areas to explore. I'd be happy to pass on any of the practical discoveries we made or learn from other contributors. If direct then I would need your contact details or alternatively through a seperate forum topic.

Possibly our most significant 'realisation' is that land is still relatively very cheap but a 55-60% import duty on all construction materials means that building is 'very' expensive. Additionally, a Canadian company have just purchased 600 acres to build a hotel and 400 villas. The islands contractors were already busy so labour rates are about to take off. That said, we still believe the island is a great investment.

MA.
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

Nibet is fabulous....the food is great and the staff make you feel like family.

Beautiful grounds and beach..breeze it welcome as it keeps you cool.

I have been to many Caribbean islands but Nevis is my favorite.

People are elegant and gracious.

Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

Just how rough is the water off their beach?

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

summer2005

It isn't normally rough, just breezy. Every 40 or 50 yards there are stone jettys. They keep the water calm and attract fish. In many hours of snokelling I have never even had water wash into the top of my snorkel.

Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

Nilechamp,

Is there any other hotel or island you would suggest that is close by? We would like to do 3 nights at Nisbit and 3 somewhere else - What would you suggest?

Boston
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

If I were picking a place to stay for a couple of nights, it would be Montpelier. Not on the beach but very, very nice with good service and excellent food.

The Caribbean side of the island was not windy in March....and I did not see a jet ski and very few motor craft during our stay.

It is a very quite island. One aspect I found fun in the one week we were there...and this illustrates how small the island is...we would constantly run into people we had previously meet during our stay.

Most tourist stay at the Four Seasons and do not go beyond the bounds of the resort. So it really is a fairly small vacationing contingent outside Four Seasons.

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nesbit plantaion questions

I agree with Bill - Montpelier, though we have only eaten there and it isn't on the beach.

Where ever you stay try to have a meal at the Hermitage. We were there for a special wedding anniversary and I asked an owner of one of the previously mentioned hotels where he would go for a romantic couple of nights. I thought he would go for Montpelier but his suggestion was Hermitage. Eventually we only went for a meal but considering ambience and quality together it was easily the best dinning experience of our whole four week stay.

Regarding other islands, we haven't yet explored the neighbouring ones but going again on local (Nevisian)recommendations we want to try Dominica. I hear it has the same warm friendly people but is a little more 'organic'. Anybody been?

Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations