We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why blame a hotel for the weather?

Montreal
Level Contributor
204 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Why blame a hotel for the weather?

There have been a rash of negative reviews for Nisbet Plantation and one of the major complaints seems to be the "windy beach". What do these people expect? That the hotel staff will turn down the wind? Seriously, these Trip Advisor reviews are sometimes depressing.

Highland Village...
Level Contributor
210 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why blame a hotel for the weather?

So glad to see your post because I have been feeling the same way -- two of my all-time favorite resorts, Nisbet and Galley Bay in Antigua have been given a rash of bad reviews because of the wind (Nisbet) and the rough seas (Galley Bay). I have stayed at Nisbet once (in April) and GB twice (in March and April) and had absolutely wonderful experiences, not windy, no high seas and gorgeous weather. But the winter can be windy in the Caribbean and it seems like the posters didn't do enough research into the properties and they were just a bad fit for them. I can see where someone would be unhappy if they want to swim everyday or sit on the beach and they are unable to do that. I also think Nisbet is suffering some backlash from being recently named #1 in the Caribbean by a magazine, because that increases people's expectations a great deal and overly high expectations lead to disappointment. A word to potential guests: If you expect TV in the rooms or room service, or don't want to have to wear pants in the very elegant dining room, then Nisbet's not for you!

Boston
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Why blame a hotel for the weather?

People are just trying to figure out what is best for themselves by asking questions. It is not Nisbet's fault that they do not have a long beach with fine pink sand. Nor is it Cap Juluca's fault that there is not a beautiful tropical volcano in the background. But if either of those characteristics are very important to you, it makes sense to ask the question and make an informed decision. Is that not one of the purposes of this forum?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
182 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why blame a hotel for the weather?

It is worth noting that not unlike the severe weather that is hitting much of the US the weather in Nevis has also been windier and cooler than usual. The normal Xmas winds arrived in mid November and December was rather cool.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why blame a hotel for the weather?

The folks who complain about weather at a resort are the same ones who go to Paris and complain that no one spoke English. Seriously, these folks should just stay home rather than make everyone else miserable.

Nevis
Level Contributor
259 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why blame a hotel for the weather?

Well that's Paris crossed off my list!

Montreal
Level Contributor
204 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why blame a hotel for the weather?

lol :)

7. Re: Why blame a hotel for the weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 11:22
Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations