We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxis to/from Nevis

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Level Contributor
27 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Water taxis to/from Nevis

Hi, I don't want to sound really cheap, but do any Nevis hotels include water taxi transfer from St Kitts in their rates? We will probably stay on St Kitts for a week and Nevis for 3 nights. I don't find the prospect of the passenger ferry with suitcases (and landing in Charlestown not near hotel) or the seabridge (with its reportedly surly operators) to be an attractive option in the middle of what should be a relaxing 10 days. I can see that some hotels offer transfers from SKB but they don't make it clear if it's inclusive, or if it can be a transfer from a SK hotel (rather than the airport) instead. Thanks.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

Most resorts on the island will make arrangements for a water taxi but the cost will be added to your bill. It is not included in their rate. Some of the smaller hotels will make the arrangements for you but will not charge it to your hotel bill and you'll have to pay for the water taxi operator yourself .

You'll have to take a taxi from your hotel to Reggae Beach where you'll get the water taxi and from Oualie Beach (where the water taxi drops you off) to your hotel/resort. Here again, some resorts will make the arrangements and add the land taxi fares to your hotel bill others will ask that you pay for the land taxis yourself.

surrey
Level Contributor
27 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

thank you.

st. kitts
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

Sea Brat is the water taxi from Reggae Beach to Oualie Beach. I can get the contact information for you if you want.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

I would love the contact info for Sea Brat, if you have it handy. Thanks!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

For SeaBrat it's best to contact Captain Coby by phone - 869-662-9166.

His website is www.fishnevis.com

surrey
Level Contributor
27 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

thanks again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
589 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

Good choice. We took a 7 day trip to Nevis and upon arrival took the ferry over from St. Kitts. Very time consuming, all things considered from point A to point B.

On the way back, we took a water taxi - much faster! Wish we had done it both ways, but it was nice for the experience. A 3 day trip however is well worth a water taxi, even a 7 day trip.

Have a great time!

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

Nisbet, I believe does have a special with it. Otherwise, your hotel can arrange for one. I have done both and the the taxi cost is well worth it. The one time I did carry my luggage on the ferry, it was the only ferry that day. They had canceled all others to do a monthly St. Martin run.

It was interesting too say the least. Taxi is well assurred.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 01:30
9. Re: Water taxis to/from Nevis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 10:19