We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nevis & Chevy's place

boston
1 post
Save Topic
Nevis & Chevy's place

We unfortunately had only 5 days on Nevis. The highlight was finding Chevy's place (where we spent several days). Meeting Chevy, Amelia, Sean, CD, Waituzi (sp) was and is most memorable. They made us feel so very welcome and were patient with my friend's antics. If visiting on Nevis I highly suggest if you can only go to one place, please let it be Chevy's you will not regret a single second. Thank-you all for a wonderful trip and we WILL see you soon, even bought a condo while on holiday.

D & Mal

Mentioned in this post
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
Nevis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nevis & Chevy's place

Hey guys! Congrats on your condo purchase. You guys couldn't have picked a better island ! Glad you enjoyed Chevy's. Guess we'll be seeing you guys again real soon. Amelia & Chevy - Chevy's Calypso Bar & Grill, Pinney's Beach, Nevis.

Mentioned in this post
Pinney's Beach
Pinney's Beach
305 Reviews
Nevis
Meriden, CT
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nevis & Chevy's place

I had the pleasure of meeting Chevy one day when I stopped for lunch on a trip early March. The food was good ,beer was cold, great music,and conversation was lively.

I met an older Nevisian gentleman who was building a boat behind the bar. He needed his chainsaw fixed so I helped him with it. We had quite a conversation about people and politics over a Rum punch that he had treated me to. I wish I could remember his name,(Chevy if you read this please reply and remind me what his name is. He spent some years in England and has returned to Nevis.)I would like to buy for him the next time I am back.

I have been to Nevis many times and always find new places and people. The people on Nevis are one of the main reasons my wife and I keep coming back. We love you all.

TonyNevis

Mentioned in this post
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
Nevis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nevis & Chevy's place

TonyNevis, Greeting from Chevy's. This is Amelia, Chevy's wife. Just spoke to Chevy about this post. He says to say hello and that the guy that you met building a boat is called Fred Lewis. Have a good one. Bye !

Nevis
Level Contributor
259 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nevis & Chevy's place

Chevy--

We had agreat evening at your bar with some friends a while ago but tried to repeat it a couple of weeks back and you were closed.

What is your weekly schedule ? I don't want to miss out again.

PS We're Tom & Debbie's neighbours on Nevis !

Mentioned in this post
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
United Kingdom
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Nevis & Chevy's place

Have heard so much about how nice nevis is i am now wanting to visit is there anyone who can help me with further info.

tonymcdonald7@aol.com

Tony

Thanks.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,408 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nevis & Chevy's place

TonyUK - For a great website that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about Nevis go to: www.nevis1.com

Mentioned in this post
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
7. Re: Nevis & Chevy's place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2006, 03:07
Nevis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nevis & Chevy's place

Hey, Sorry we were closed on your visit. We were in the middle of refurbishments and completions of our bathrooms and took a few days out! Our normal opening hours are 11am till approx 10pm weekdays with late opening on weekends and mondays which is turning out to be a great fun night with Karaoke. See you guys soon......A comp stinger awaits you ! Amelia&Chevy

Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations