We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food stores

Boston
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
food stores

My husband and I wil be arriving soon for a much needed vacation. We are flying into Nevis and my question is will we be able to get a few breakfast items and /or liquor at a nearby store if we are arriving at 445 pm. I know at other islands we've been to most stores close by 5pm. Thanks for any information.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food stores

It depends on what day of the week.

Best Buy Grocery Store in Charlestown (across from the police station) is your best bet. They are usually open until 8:00PM or 9:00PM on most days.

Yes, they sell liquor.

Nevis
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food stores

If you are renting a home on the island from a real estate company, or an owners rep, most all will provision for you prior to arrival. Simply provide them with a list of the items you'll want for the first day or two, and everything will be in the house on arrival.

Northern Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food stores

When we fly in Saturday evenings (villa rentals) we always bring a small packet of coffee with us just in case. Sunday morning, after coffee, we treat ourselves to a hotel breakfast and then go food shopping afterwards.

If I remember correctly, many Nevis supermarkets are open late Sunday mornings until at least mid-afternoon.

4. Re: food stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations