We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report- Nevis

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
145 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report- Nevis

Another wonderful vacation thanks in part to the helpful info found on the forum. We stayed at the Four Seasons (amazing!) for 8 nights. Wonderful service, accommodations, and amenities. Enjoyed dinner inside the sugar mill at Montpelier - the highlight of our dining experiences. Lime's Beach Bar was great for a casual meal/music. Golden Rock for lunch one afternoon- another incredible facility with beautiful gardens. Catamaran/snorkel trip from the dock at Four Seasons. Horse back riding at the Equestrian Center. A hike to the secret waterfalls arranged by the Four Seasons (it was a work out- but worthwhile ). And several early morning walks up through the golf course to see the monkeys! Because of the heat and chance of afternoon showers, we scheduled any activities for the morning. We had one late afternoon of heavy rain, but otherwise, no real inconvenience to our plans.

Took a cab into town on Sunday to attend Mass. The congregation was so welcoming- another wonderful experience. The warmth of the people is evident- they are glad we are visiting.

Tips: bring a dry bag for your phone/camera- this way you are prepared for any rain showers. The Four Seasons provides an umbrella and a flash light in the room- helpful for walks to dinner even if just to the main lobby. We packed a small flash light- easier to carry along when we walked down the beach to Lime's. Use bug spray if you are prone to bites (I am- and the mosquitoes found me on the first day). My husband didn't have any issues, but we both used the spray if eating outside after dark.

Loved the island...and we hope to return again next year!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,061 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report- Nevis

Nice report. Nevis is special.

I, too, always need to use repellent at night especially on my ankles. I think it's the little no-see-ums.

2. Re: Trip Report- Nevis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Nevis