We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nisbet Plantation vs. Four Seasons

Saint Paul...
8 posts
Save Topic
Nisbet Plantation vs. Four Seasons

My husband & I are traveling (without the kids!) in early March for a week in Nevis, and we're debating between Nisbet Plantation and the Four Seasons. I've gotten the general impression that the Four Seasons will be a typical, albeit pretty and well-run, big resort, and Nisbet will be smaller with really good service and food. And the Four Seasons will be more expensive because airport transfers, breakfasts & dinners are included in Nisbet's price (at least the option we're considering)

Personally, I'm leaning towards the Four Seasons because I tend to enjoy the bigger resorts with pretty grounds and several pools & bars. We like to lounge out by the pool and read. Also, I don't mind if there are kids around (I'm used to them). But I'm wondering if the Four Seasons is worth the extra cost.

Any thoughts about the 2 places? Thanks for your help!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,150 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nisbet Plantation vs. Four Seasons

First, your general instincts about both resorts are spot on so given you already know the major differences I'm not sure anyone can add anything that will help you make up your mind. That said you'll find the grounds at the Four Seasons to be more "manicured" than the grounds at Nisbet. Four Seasons has three different pools all much nicer than Nisbet's which is "just a rectangular pool surrounded by a deck with a few lounge chairs. FYI - one of the pools at Four Seasons is "adults only" and one has a very large shallow area and is more family oriented. The third pool isn't frequented by many children.

In addition, Four Seasons is within walking distance (a few hundred yards) of three Beach Bars (Sunshine's, Lime and Double Deuce) while there's really nothing within walking distance of Nisbet.

Service will be similar at both resorts but because the staff is smaller at Nisbet it will feel a little more "personal". I wouldn't let the quality of food at either resort be a deciding factor and I'd "opt out" of the food plan at Nisbet since you'll probably want to take some of your meals "off resort" - there are lots of very good dining options on Nevis - too many to restrict yourself to just one resort.

Both resorts will arrange for airport transfers (for a fee) so it's somewhat of a tie in that respect (but Four Seasons will cost a bit more since their launch takes you directly to their dock while Nisbet uses a combination of land and water taxis.

There is a fairly big price differential between Four Seasons and Nisbet and for some people that could be the deciding factor. So, if you are the type of person who is going to fret about how much you spend for accommodations then you might be better off going to Nisbet.

One last suggestion, that might help with your decision: Use the "Hotels" link at the top of this page where you'll find 600 reviews for each resort - browse through what other guests have to say - everything that could possibly be written about those two resorts will be there.

Truth is you'll probably be happy with either choice. Good luck making your choice

Saint Paul...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nisbet Plantation vs. Four Seasons

Thank you! It was actually helpful to see everything broken down the way you did. Like you said, we really can't go wrong with either. Thanks again!

3. Re: Nisbet Plantation vs. Four Seasons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Nevis