We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nevis dining

Richmond, Virginia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nevis dining

Hi!

My fiancé and I are looking at Nevis for our honeymoon but we love the freedom of walking to dinner. First, what is the walkability on the island and any suggestions from folks on Four Seasons verses Nisbet Plantation would be great.

We'd like some formal dinners but also some where I can slip on a coverup and walk to a beach bar for grilled fish. Possibilities?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nevis dining

There are 3 beach bars (Sunshine's, Lime and Double Deuce - Chevy's Beach bar used to be there too but it's now closed for good) a few hundred yards south of the Four Seasons Resort. nothing else is within walking distance.

Pizza Beach Restaurant is about a mile down the main road from Nisbet but since the airport runway parallels the main road the access road is another 1/2 mile or so past the restaurant that's a fairly long walk. Just a few hundred yards down the access road you'll pass Sunrise Beach Bar. Depending on time of year both of these places (which are casual dining) are not open every day. Nothing else is within walking distance.

Regardless of which resort you choose you'll need transportation to dine anywhere else on the island.

Use the "Restaurants" link at the top of this page to read reviews for most of the restaurants on Nevis - lots of great places to dine!

Edited: 18 August 2014, 16:52
Littleton, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Nevis dining

We will be visiting Nevis the first week of September to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Since it is off season, I understand some restaurants will be closed. Any recommendations for a special dinner?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nevis dining

Unfortunately most of the Plantation Inns (like Nisbet, Montpelier, Golden Rock) and "better" places will be closed in September.

Try one of the following:

Bananas

Mount Nevis Hotel

Coral Grill at the Four Seasons

Coconut Grove

Hermitage Inn

4. Re: Nevis dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations