We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping

Which Charlestown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camping

I would like to take my small back packing stove to st kitts. It is not possible to take the gas cannister on the aircraft. Therefore Is it possible to buy the Colman gas canisters on the island. Or is it possible to get the solid fuel blocks for small camping stoves. If so where.

3 replies to this topic
Nevis
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping

The cannisters are the same as are used for the small torches used for sweating copper pipes, aren't they? If so, you should be able to get them at one of the buildng supply shops.

england
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping

Nevismoke many thanks for your response a builders torch gas cylinder would do. I would expect to buy such a gas cylinder in any hardware store in the UK. What I really need is some one to say yes I have seen them in Horsfords building supplies, for example

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping

Yes, builder's torch gas cylinders are available at Horsford, TDC and Island Tyre & Hardware. The thing is, there's never any guaranty a particular store will have them in stock on any given day so you may have to visit all three places before you find one. That said, I've never had difficulty finding one when it was needed.

Reply to: Camping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Charlestown