We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm View Room vs. Beachfront?

San Jose, CA. USA
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Palm View Room vs. Beachfront?

Hi Everyone,

I thought I was settled on a Palm View room because

of the bathtub & larger space... but now I'm wondering if I am sure about this. Has anyone stayed in both. If so, which one do you prefer & why?

Also,if I were to choose beachfront, which room # is the most preferable ( views, breeze, etc. )?

Thanks so very much for all your help-

Really do appreciate it...and you!

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm View Room vs. Beachfront?

Hi Robynliz

We stayed in both and it all depends what is important to you. If you want a spacious room the the Palm views are better but if you want a stunning views and cooling sea breezes then the beachfront are the better choice. We preferred (and manged to get) beachviews remotest from the restaurant. It gave a wonderfully secluded feel. Rooms 15 - 19 are good IMHO.

San Jose, CA. USA
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm View Room vs. Beachfront?

Hi EastPalm,

Thank you so much for your reply!

When you stayed in the beachfront cottage,

could you snorkel in front of you off the shore?

Did you have a patio? Beach umbrellas? View of sunset? Are the beach cottages far from the restaurant, pool etc? Is the Palm View room much nicer? Which did you prefer, overall? And is it too hot in Palm View room?

Thanks for all your help1

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm View Room vs. Beachfront?

Robynliz

In answer to your questions;

<Could you snorkel in front of you off the shore?>

In our room, not directly in front as there are rocks/coral, it's probably a 50 yard walk to a place you can easily enter into the sea (soft sand) and then you can swim round to the rocks where there is a variety of sea life. For rooms 1 - 6 you are facing directly ono the main beach and there is easy access to the sea

<Did you have a patio?>

Yes complete with parasol, sunloungers, table and chairs.

On the main beach there are also parasoles, none are reserved for specific rooms but there are plenty for all.

<View of sunset?>

Yes and no - unfortunately the sun sets behind Union Island but this in itself gives some spectacular effects when there is a good sunset, but of course you can't see the sun sink into the sea.

<Are the beach cottages far from the restaurant, pool etc?>

This varies from room to room, but none are an excessive distance and with all the food available you'll find any exercise useful

<Is the Palm View room much nicer? Which did you prefer, overall? And is it too hot in Palm View room?>

Personally I preferred the Palm whereas my wife preferred the Beach. As it is likely you will not spend a lot of time indside she is probably right (as always). The Palm is larger but the Beach is by no means cramped and has better views. The beach fronts have more window area and ventilation, but we didn't find either too hot - the temperature in the rooms was around 82 - 86F. There is a air conditioning unit but it is not particularly effective and a little noisy for night use. We used the natural ventilation and were quite comfortable, but it all depends on your own tolerances.

I hope this proves useful and I'm sure whichever room you choose you will have a great time there.

Hauppauge, New York
Level Contributor
267 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm View Room vs. Beachfront?

we recently stayed in a beachfront cottage, room 12, which was very nice. i might have prefered one a little further down but really no complaints. it had a nice hammock right next to it. we turned off the a/c and left the windows open for a great breeze. i have some really nice shots of the sunset behind union island. they stock your mini fridge daily which was great. shower in beachfront really large. i just reviewed the trip -it should post in a few days. overall really great little island.

5. Re: Palm View Room vs. Beachfront?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 05:33
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...