We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robberies

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Robberies

Has anyone heard about the robberies and arrests that have taken place on Bequia this past week? Is there any news about what's going on?

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Robberies

I haven't heard anything but will contact our friends.

Ladolcevita would be the one that would know. Heard anything?

We've been going for over 10 yrs and these reports always start spreading right as busy season starts. Never had any problems.

UK
Level Contributor
339 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robberies

On island at the moment. Our understanding is that three guys from the mainland were arrested here earlier this week when acting suspiciously. Not sure anyone had actually burgled / robbed anything / anyone at that point.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Robberies

6 homes were burglarized all were caught and in jail.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Robberies

I believe the police really need to be more proactive and not wait until houses are burgled, in most cases they know who the burglar(s) / suspect(s) are but do not try and keep them under their radar. It is a pity that such a beautiful and tranquil island like Bequia is having its credibility degraded by a few self-centred individuals.

I hope the situation improves!

5. Re: Robberies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...