We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's a small world

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
It's a small world

Just got back from good ole' Bequia. Spent two weeks at the Village Apartments which remains very good value for money. But I must say the mosquitoes were really terrible this trip. Both my wife and I were bitten to pieces. We used various repelants (Jungle Formula, 'Off' and Citronella). Village Apartments have nets for the bed which we ensured were tightly tucked in, plugged in the tablets and had a coil burning each night. We also sprayed the room each nice with insect killer. All to no availe, we were dined on every night and our legs, arms, backs would keep any child amused drawing dot-to-dot pictures on us.

Anyway the reason for the topic title is on Sunday (2nd) we were returning from St Vincent after a day of visiting relatives and got chatting to a lady who was on her way to Bequia. Turns out it was none other than Oxpat (a regular on this forum)!!! As I say it's a small world.

Bequia
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: It's a small world

Dickie, the mosquitos continue to swarm in plague proportions. Now that you have left Bequia, they are making do with the rest of us! Even the winds which have picked up over the past couple of days don't seem to be blowing them away!

Good to see you back on the forums. Hope that you had a good trip to Bequia!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's a small world

Thanks Bequiasvg. Had a great time regardless of the little buggers (don't know if that'll get through the moderator?!!). Have to say that we were lucky with the weather, only minimal rain.

Whilst we were there we happened upon a great new eatery to us at Belmont. Did wonderful steaks, salads etc. There pizzas were especially good. Excellent views and ambience as well, you should try it.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's a small world

hi we are going to the village in jan for 1 monthare the bugs as bad at that time of year.does the village not have ac so you can keep your windows shut . thanking you from toronto canada .ricardo

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's a small world

The bugs shouldn't be too bad at that time of the year as it is the dry season. The apartments do have AC which is metered.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
479 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's a small world

Dickie, do the Village Apartments have refrigerators in the kitchens? I didnt see that listed on their website and have not heard back yet from from my email to them.

Thanks!!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's a small world

Yes they have fridge/freezers, standalone cooker, microwave and all the utensils, basically everything you need to cater for yourself.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
479 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It's a small world

Thanks Dickie. We ended up booking apt. #7. I dont know what I would do without tripadvisor. Best site ever.

8. Re: It's a small world

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...