We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistics question from Union to Bequia

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Logistics question from Union to Bequia

So our plans to travel from Mayreau/Union to Bequia and then back via the Jaden Sun Ferry are scrapped due to the Jaden Sun out of commission until further notice.

The travel agency in Bequia suggested we fly SVG Air from Union to St. Vincent then ferry each way...while we could do this, its not ideal with all the hassle and connections with plane/taxi/ferry and waiting around etc. (just for a 3 day stop in Bequia) The mail boat schedules do not work either as I checked.

Can anyone recommend a private boat (not a little rowboat skiff, but a "larger" power boat) that would be willing to take us from Mayreau to Bequia, then back again 3 days later? If this is possible, what should the rough market rate be for such a trip?

Thanks again

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
862 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

Yes, contact Michael Tours...his boat is perfect for this journey. A quick google search should bring up his contact info and do phone him rather than email.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

Thanks Michelle...Michael was actually at the very top of my list of options to contact about this! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

I spoke to Michael but it sounded like he wasn't sure he could do it and to reach him mid January which may be too late for us to restructure our trip or have other options by then.

Any other ideas how to do this?

I also emailed the Friendship Rose...they are making trips to Tobago Cays both the dates we want to travel...maybe its possible to board them via water taxi near Mayreau then have them drop us back of a few days later?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
862 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

I think the Rose is another option, yes. You can call them and ask. I'm assuming you will be staying Dennis Hideaway and if so Dennis can arrange a taxi to get you to meet the Rose. And, he may be able to help get you to Bequia as well. And, lastly, there is someplace in Union, perhaps Erica's is the name, that might be able to help you get a boat to Bequia.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

I would contact Dennis at Dennis' Guest House as he has contacts with Southern Grenadines boat owners. Also Erica's Marine is very knowledgeable when it comes to anything Union Island.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

Winkdaddy how did you manage to arrange transportation from the Union to Bequila? How do you remember the Grenadines :))

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

Winkdaddy how did you manage to arrange transportation from the Union to Bequila? How do you remember the Grenadines :))

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

From Union to Bequia we traveled like this:

We flew SVG air From Union to St. Vincent. At St Vicent airport we took a taxi to the port where we caught the ferry to Bequia. (ferry takes an hour and is about $10 US) The one way flight from Union to St. Vincent was about $55 US. Its best to email SVG air to request schedules and rates..their website can be out of date.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

Thank you!

What did you take the ferry to Bequia? Good price. How do you remember the Grenadines, what you liked most, what island?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Logistics question from Union to Bequia

The St Vincent to Bequia ferry runs 6 or more times per day. Most people regard it as you would a bus. Essential for school children and others commuting to the mainland and back to Bequia. Easy, fast enough and inexpensive.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 15:56
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...