We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry departure

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry departure

My husband and I are looking to spend a few nights in Bequia but will stay in St Vincent for the first night. Where would be the best place to stay in St Vincent to enable us to catch any early ferry to Bequia the following morning. Also, if there are any properties that would be recommened, please let me know. Thanks.

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry departure

The Cobblestone Inn is probably your best bet. It's a 5 minute walk to the ferry dock - a bit more if you have lots of luggage.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry departure

Thank you for your reply. Which area would I need to be looking at staying in as I am not very clued up on St Vincent.

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry departure

Cobblestone and Heron are within two minutes of each other, in downtown Kingstown, with the Heron being a bit closer to the dock but also in a much noisier location especially on Friday and Saturday nights (beware the karaoke bar across the street from the taxi stand!) The Cobblestone is on the street that runs along the waterfront and the Heron is one block back.

If you do not want to stay downtown, the other area to look at is Villa, about 10-15 minutes from the dock. A number of modest hotels are there on the water's edge - Beachcombers, Sunset Shores., etc. Most people here recommend Beachcombers. The pricier Grandview Hotel is in the same area and overlooks the ocean but it has not received good reviews lately. Also in Villa, and across a small cut traversed by a tiny little ferry, is the Young Island resort but I think that the price rules it out for just an overnight stay.

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry departure

To clarify - the Villa area is 10-15 minutes by taxi from the ferry dock. Cobblestone and Heron are several minutes walking.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry departure

Does anyone know the contact details for the Cobblestone? I have tried the number on TA but it is not working.

Thanks

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry departure

everything you need is here

www.thecobblestoneinn.com/pagedisplay.aspx…

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry departure

Do not use the on line booking option at the Cobblestone. It is poorly if ever monitored. Call and speak to a person.

Edited: 23 October 2010, 02:56
World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry departure

sound advice from dwhopper - I fully agree

9. Re: Ferry departure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent