We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

Not at all impressed with Harlequin, poor customer service and they take too long to call you back.

After many weeks of frustration, waiting for Harlequin to call me back about confirming availability etc for next March/ April have decided not to go ahead with booking a trip out there. Major reason - they keep changing the price and it keeps going up. We were originally told a price for 2 weeks which was a great offer but we could not book it straight away due to getting sign off from work etc. We now find out the price has gone up as their original allocation of seats with Virgin has been used up - had we been told that in the beginning we would have hurried up and booked at the price quoted.

This together with the many reviews on Tripadvisor from first time users with no track record has left me rather unconvinced by the whole affair.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

If you want all inclusive go someplace else where the resorts are long established. Wait for Harlequin to sort out their teething pains on others. If you want a bit of fun and can tolerate less than perfect than find some place on St Vincent and visit. It is a lovely island. BB looks crappy to me as I drive by. Like some cheek by jowl suburb, albeit with warm sun and beach.

Mentioned in this post
St. Vincent
St. Vincent
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
2. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 19:50
London
Level Contributor
417 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

Some friends of our came back recently and said it was Paradise. We therefore decided to book for March and will let you know what we think when we get back

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

I have taken the punge and booked directly with Harlequin Travel (UK ). I have been very happy with their service & have received an excellent price for a 2 week stay in March - all queries have been answered promptly and honestly (in my opinion). The fact that Virgin Holidays are introducing BB in their new brochure is reassuring.

Yes, it's a risk visiting a resort prior to it's completion and I agree that the 59 positive reviews (by investors) should be read with a pinch of salt but, it hasn't stopped me looking forward to my visit.

I will post my review - which will be unbiased - on my return.

5. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

London UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

Travellers to SVG via hub airports should read the Baggage Policy on the LIAT website.

<http://www.liatairline.com/navSource.html?page_id=3>

They are very strict on weight and size - it's one bag of 50 pounds (23kgs) per passenger. Their excess charges are very high, and an unexpected bill of 200 US Dollars or more comes as a nasty surprise. Also, be prepared that your bags may be sent down on a later flight and ensure you have medicines, wash bag, and change of clothes in your hand baggage. FYI, Premium Economy on Virgin Atlantic allows 2 bags at 23kgs each per passenger.

Those travelling independently via St Lucia will also need to budget for the taxi ride between the two airports. There are two airports on the island. Hewanorra International Airport at Vieux Fort (UVF) and George F. L. Charles Airport (SLU) which are 40 miles apart.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Vieux Fort
Vieux Fort
St. Lucia
USA
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

To clarify Ediie Lizard's comment, the SVG Air connection between St. Lucia and St. Vincent and Bequia is from Hewanorra, so no need to change airports.

Its only with LIAT that operates out of a different airport from that utilized by international carriers.

My guess is that the current difficulties between SVG and SL will be resolved shortly - there is too much at stake for them not to be.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
St. Vincent
St. Vincent
Bequia
Bequia
8. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

9. Re: Buccament Bay - booking with Harlequin ??

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent