We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Vincent suggestions

Charlottesville...
7 posts
Save Topic
St Vincent suggestions

Hi all.

Before I make my final destination to Bequia this week, due to flights and the ferry I will be staying overnight at Beachcombers in St. Vincent. I will arrive fairly late into St Vincent (9:15pm), and am open ended as to what time I will take the ferry the next day to Bequia. Any suggestions of things to do or any bars to check out while I am there for my short stay? I will also be staying at Beachcombers for a night one week later on my return to Barbados/and then the States. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!!

World
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Vincent suggestions

If you catch one of the noon ferries, then you could sleep in and do a bit of provisioning at Greaves before you get on the ferry.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Vincent suggestions

While not the most picturesque area it's fun to go into town in the morning and take a look around. The Cobblestone has a bar and the Bounty restaurant has good bfast and lunch. The "market" (open air) is fun and I agree, if you are staying in a place with a kitchen you'll find the grocery stores on St Vincent have a better supply of fresh meats, milk etc. The fruit and veggie mkt on Bequia has all of that you'll need. The restaurant at Mariner's is good and the Beachcomber has a small restaurant and bar which we enjoy. Can't remember the name of the place at Blue Lagoon but you'll find a pleasant meal and lots of folks around the bar coming/going from sailing charters.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Vincent suggestions

Another thought. On your return you might enjoy leaving Bequia in the morning. Drop your luggage at the hotel and arrange a tour of mainland St Vincent. The Leeward Coast is breathtaking with it's black sand beaches, waterfalls and bananna farms. Very different from the more "civilized" Bequia. I always think it's a shame so few take the time to experience it. I have Fat Man taxi arrange pick up at the ferry by Tremblar Taxi and I'm sure he could give you a price for a tour. HazeCo and FantaSea tours also operate on the mainland and Beachcomber family can give you lots of info!

4. Re: St Vincent suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent