We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
London
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Barbados

Hi

We are booked to go to Buccament Bay for better or worse for a week of sun before Christmas. We arrive in Barbados at 15.15 with Virgin, I see that there is a Liat flight at 17.50 for St Vincent, I am hoping that this will be the one we are booked on. Does anyone think I should hedge my bets and book the Executive Lounge at Barbados in case of a lengthy stay. If so which one there appear to be 2?

Thanks

bhp
UK
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Barbados

Are you ticketed through to St Vincent? It's not quite clear from your post. If you are you should be able to stay in transit but if not will have to clear Barbados Immigration and Customs and the go to the LIAT check in desk. Hopefully that will not be the case and you will be staying in transit ( don't forget to mark your bags very clearly) and you will then just have to wait in the terminal which has been updated and is perfectly comfortable for a couple of hours waiting.

My recent experience has been that Virgin's timekeeping has been no better than LIAT so if one is late and the other on time you may not have long to wait for your SVG flight.

Don't Harlequin advertise that they have their own 'Executive Lounge' though?

World
Level Contributor
988 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Barbados

Unless things have changed in the last year if you are flying LIAT ( and not SVG) you will have to clear Barbados Immigration, then pick up your bag then exit the baggage hall, walk down the sidewalk on the land side of the airport, check in with LIAT, clear Barbados passport exit control, and security and then walk to the gate. i would have thought you wont have much time to spare even if everything is on time.

london
Level Contributor
127 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Barbados

we got lounge access included when we travelled to bb through barbados, it was ok but i wouldn't pay good money for it, it's poor by intl. lounge standards.

the international terminal is now quite pleasant, i'd sit in there an grab a beer if you can't get it included.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Barbados

Hi

Thanks for that, was it a special lounge for BB guests or one of the 2 airport lounges? Did you have to wait long for your connecting flight and most importantly did you have a good time - I keep reading all this very negative stuff and am getting rather concerned about what I have booked?

Best wishes

Liz

london
Level Contributor
127 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Barbados

hi liz

It certainly wasn’t a special bb lounge, we were the only bb passengers there getting off the virgin flight and had to wait about 2 hours for our svg connection. I didn’t realise there were two lounges, perhaps the other one is better?

as for the holiday you can read my review if you like, we went in june of this year and I stand by what I said then. someone on here persuaded me not to worry about the negative stuff and they were broadly right, we enjoyed our stay. the facilities are not as advertised and the gushingly positive reviews posted by the resort/investors are a bad joke for those seeking some objectivity.

happy to answer any questions you may have.

have a great time and do write a review when you return.

UK
Level Contributor
344 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Barbados

There are two lounges at Barbados, one air-side and one not. Both are small but comfortable, and serve drinks and snacks. Staff are friendly, and at least one has showers (land side, from memory, but I might be confused).

They are certainly not luxurious, but they do help.

Somerset U.K.
Level Contributor
145 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Barbados

Hi

I think you should catch the 17.50 flight ok, when we went the end of September we were at arrivals with our luggage @ 12.30 so a long wait!

The VIP executive lounge is upstairs after security ( I think near gate 12)

No showers available just beverages including alcohol, sandwiches, crisps, cookies & quite comfortable seating

You can 'pay at the door' $25 usd.

Have a great time

UK
Level Contributor
344 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Barbados

Just confirmed - showers are indeed in the landside lounge.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from Barbados

And if you are connecting through Barbados know the name of a local hotel. To gain entry to Barbados you have to have a place to sleep. So be sure and have a name in case you miss a connection.

10. Re: Flights from Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2016, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent