We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black beaches

Mullica Hill, NJ
6 posts
Save Topic
Black beaches

Are there any beaches in St. Vincent and the Grenadines without the black sand?

World
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black beaches

Villa Beach and Brighton Beach on St. Vincent have a preponderance of golden sand but also have black sand. The Grenadines (Bequia, Mustique etc) all have lovely golden and white sand beaches.

Worcester,Ma
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Black beaches

Villa Beach and Indian Beach have kind of brownish sand,neither is good for anything but a short walk. Take the ferry over to Bequia and grab a bus or taxi to Lower bay. It was incredible. Palm trees line this beautiful beach.You can get a decent lobster lunch at Da Reef restaurant during the day. If you are lucky enough to get stranded there overnite like us, you can take a short walk up the hill to Coco's Restaurant. This wonderful man took it upon himself to help my young daughter and I find a room for the nite. Then we had the best meal of the entire trip at his restaurant.If you do hook up with Coco Simmons, he'll tell you stories of Robert Plant and other celebs who hang in Bequia. We saw Don Henley from the Eagles ....and heard Beyonce was there earlier in the week. When you do see Coco and his friend Christina (she gave us a room with mosquito netting for the nite) tell them Kathy and her daughter Kaelyn are sending down some photos...and hopefully returning soon.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black beaches

curiousx

We will be staying on St. Lucia and are considering a day trip to the Grenadines. Another poster said you have a lot of good information. Do you know who we would contact on St. Lucia for this day trip. I understand a boat picks you up and flies you to the island. Do you feel it's worth the money and what can I expect of the island that I won't find on St. Lucia. If you want you can E-mail me direct at mrsgumbah@aol.com. Just put day trip to Grenadines in the subject box. We're leaving next Sunday, so I need to gather some information quickly. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent