We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

Springfield, Oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

I've been reading about ferries to and from Bequia-Canouan but when i call to confirm that they actually do these trips I cant find a company that does can anyone lead me in the right direction...Thanx

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
208 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

I found a mailboat online called the m/v snapper. I could only find a trip report of someone that took it from St. Vincent. It run 3 days a week. I know its a longshot but maybe you could ask someone from one of the hotels on Bequia. Most have contact email addresses.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,005 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

To get to Canouan by ferry you will first have to take one of the two ferries from Bequia to St Vincent. From St Vincent (not every day) you can take either the MV Barracuda or the Gem Star to Canouan. It is a beautiful trip but between the two rides most of a day! Occasionally one of the Bequia Express ferries will make a cargo run to Canouan from Bequia but they are unscheduled. Both the Gem Star and Barracuda are scheduled at least twice each week.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

Hey Pattie do you know the cost of them?

Bequia
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

The ferry's don't run everyday as noted in previous posts. SVG Air and Mustique Airways offer a quick 8 min flight to Bequia. You might want to contact them as to their schedules and prices.

I believe one of the flights hooks up well with American Eagle's flight into Canouan.

On a number couple of occasions I have hired my friends speed boat from Paget Farm to pick me up on Canouan and bring me back to Bequia. NOT for everybody...14 mile ride of pounding seas. a wet wild ride for sure. It is an option if you are in a pinch

Bequia
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

Forgot to mention the flight to Bequia from Canouan would be a charter flight...the flights from Canouan to St.Vincent are scheduled charters...BIG difference in price. If you have a group travelling, the charter prices isn't so bad when divided up. It is very convenient.

If you fly to St.Vincent you obviously need a taxi and then the ferry to Bequia. The Canouan to St.Vincent flight is pretty reasonable...

www.svgair.com

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,005 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

Hi Ricardo....now you've done it! Forced me to dig out my INs and OUTs magazine and wonder why I came home! Actually it was a nice 30 minute break from the realities of work. Anyway the M/V Gem Star is about $20 EC ($7.50 US) from Kingstown to Canouan, I think that M/V Barracuda is the same price. Barracuda goes down Monday and Thursday leaving (so they advertise) at 10:30. In Jan. I saw it lv as late as noon. The Gem Star goes Tusday and Friday at 11:00. They return on alternate days. On Sat Barracuda goes down and back up both. We took the svg air flight down (75 US for 2 to Union Island from Kingstown) it stopped and let off several passengers in Canouan. We opted to return by Gem Star which worked well for us. Both ways on these boats is a bit long for me.

Gem Star will come into Bequia and drop you off for a fee of $50 EC and a minimum of $200 EC, for 4 or more that is a good deal. Both the flights and ferries lv Kingstown late enough to allow you to travel over from Bequia in the morning. Hope this Helps! It helped make me wish I was on the Beach at Lower Bay!

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

Thanks for the info Pattie.We are for sure going to Caouan next jan for a few days and your info is appreciated.You should see the weather we are getting up here.terrible.We are going to San Andreas next thurday for 2 weeks.The weather there is much the same as Bequia.We go all inclusive there. Booze food entertainment, shuttles to 5other hotels , all for $1050.00canadian per person.Great deal. thanks again see you later. Ricardo

8. Re: Gettin to Bequia from Canouan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Bequia
Recent Conversations