We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to bequia

texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
flights to bequia

am planning to go to bequia,and from what i`ve been reading the best way is via barbados...all of you who have been ,can you tell me the best /easiest way to get there from the usa???even the ferry from st`vincent is fine...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to bequia

You can fly to Barbados, then St. Vincent on LIAT, then ferry, OR, Barbados to Bequia on SVG Air or Mustique Air(more expensive).

Another way is fly to Trinidad/Tobago, then LIAT to St. Vincent, then ferry to Bequia

TX
Level Contributor
279 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to bequia

Is there one airport easier to navigate a connection than the other if planning on Liat for the St Vincent leg? I still have my tickets on hold with my miles, but POS has availability as well (arriving POS 2:05 in the afternoon vs 10:05 PM for BGI)

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to bequia

If you can get out of POS to St Vincent same day, I would opt for that over the late arrival in Barbados. Overnight at Beachcomber or Cobblestone on St Vincent and hop on the ferry to Bequia in the morning! You might even want to ck out St Vincent for a few hours and go over to Bequia mid day. If you need to overnight before arriving in St Vincent, I find Barbados easier than Port Of Spain!

TX
Level Contributor
279 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to bequia

Liat doesn't have their schedule out for next June/July yet, but current schedule shows a 8:00ish flight in the evening to St Vincent from POS. That would be a 6-hr layover there to claim and recheck luggage from AA to Liat. Only concern: missing the 40 min connection in MIA. (Last time we flew AA to the Caribbean with a MIA connection we had to change terminals, and that meant going through security again.) Next flight MIA to POS would arrive 9:45 PM missing our Liat flight. Surely leaving Dallas at 6:15 in the morning would avoid thunderstorms that we experience in the late afternoon during summer.

Definitely tempting to try. I would love to be sleeping in St Vincent that evening!! I'll have to let hubby know when he gets home tonight.

And I wonder if taxes are cheaper flying out of POS versus Barbados. Not that it matters in the big scheme of things, but every dollar saved is a dollar I can spend while actually on vacation! :)

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights to bequia

I fly to San Juan and then get the 3:30 LIAT flight to St. Vincent. You can make the last ferry (7pm) to Bequia. It makes for a long travel day but it is worth it.

As long as you can get to San Juan by 1:30 you can make the 3:30 LIAT flight. Also, it was much more expensive to fly to Barbados then San Juan. Plus you have the added bonus of not going through customs/immigration until you get to St. Vincent where it is really quick.

TX
Level Contributor
279 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights to bequia

San Juan is a good option - but for me using frequent flyer miles and only having to pay for the Liat connection, it looks to be quite more $$$ to fly SJU-SVD than BGI-SVD on Liat. That's why I have been focused on flying to Barbados for our family since we are using our frequent flyer miles. Otherwise, I would be all over that San Juan idea! :) Maybe an idea for the future!

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights to bequia

the only option in my books is Barbados to Bequia direct on Air Mustique/SVG Air/Grenadines Alliance...

I won't use LIAT unless I want to spend a night in St. Vincent and there isn't much chance of that happening...

Connecticut
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: flights to bequia

I don't want to spend another night with lost luggage. Just finished booking my flight for 1/22-1/31.

JFK to Barbados, Barbados to Bequia. $990 US roundtrip.

USA
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flights to bequia

I cannot seem to arrive in Barbados before 3:30 p.m. What is my best option? Is there a flight flight from BGI to BQU that leaves late enough so that I could make the connection? If not, should I fly BGI to SVD and take the ferry?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,126 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flights to bequia

onekbear:

We ran into the same problem, with that late arrival into Barbados, not being able to make the later flight over to Bequia. We decided to overnight in Barbados. I know a lot of people on this forum opt to take LIAT over to St. V and then ferry over to Bequia. The LIAT flights are a lot cheaper than the SVGAir/Mustique Airways flight, from what I understand. And, the ferry over is inexpensive, too.

Get answers to your questions about Bequia
Recent Conversations