We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap rooms at Frangi

USA
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
cheap rooms at Frangi

I'm planning a week trip in Bequia, alone. Never been there before. Thinking of staying in the cheap room at Frangi. I don't need much luxury. Is that a good choice (ie, clean, safe, decent location)? Can't beat the price. Is there a particular room I should ask for, or are they all about the same?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap rooms at Frangi

I'm staying at the Frangi, too. But, hubbie and I are springing for the "deluxe" accommodations, which are still very reasonably priced, imho. From all accounts I've read, the Frangi is a great value. Certainly not luxury, but a dependable place to stay. The location seems to be ideal for us - within walking distance of several restaurants and shopping, easy water taxi to some of the better beaches. Keep in mind that those cheap Frangi rooms have shared baths with cold water only. Don't know anything about particular rooms. I have the same question, I guess, about the deluxe rooms. Is there one that's better than the others?

World
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap rooms at Frangi

you should ask for one of the two rooms in the Main House (the old Mithcell family home) that diretly overlooki the Frangi patio and the Belmont walkway. The best room has a four poster bed and its own shower. The other is twin-bedded. Both have fast access to an upstairs porch - great place to spend an afternoon sipping rum and wthcing the passing boats/people.

World
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap rooms at Frangi

er...Mitchell

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap rooms at Frangi

Hi onekbear: we stayed in room #2 of the original rooms. Room #1 overlooks the water and the balcony, which all rooms get to use. We had a sink in the room and the bathroom with toilets and showers was down the hall. We had 2 single beds each with moskito nets. It would be ok for a week as you are not in the room that long. I would request room #1 as it has 2 windows and a bay view. Room #4 across the hall from #1 is much larger and probably cost more money. The Frangi is definately the center of the action on the Belmont Walkway. It also hosts the thursday night BBQ & jump up. Enjoy your stay.

USA
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap rooms at Frangi

So I called the Frangi and the only "original rooms" they have available for my dates are two of them that are "in the back." One has 2 twin beds and the other they referred to as "the broom closet" wtih a larger bed, near the bathroom. Are these rooms OK? I realize the ones in the front are better, but they're not available....

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap rooms at Frangi

We stayed in room #2 with twin beds, room #3 must be the "boom closet" room, it is next to the bathroom. Either should be OK.

World
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap rooms at Frangi

I've also stayed in the 'other' back room (not the broom closet) - it's fine

8. Re: cheap rooms at Frangi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Bequia