We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jack's Bar

coventry
Level Contributor
118 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Jack's Bar

Does anyone know the opening times in November?

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jack's Bar

I heard the other day that it reopens the end of the month but no specifics...I heard the chef/cook was sick and off island for care...

South Carolina
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jack's Bar

Is Jack's closed this month?? Will be arriving next week and hoped to visit.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jack's Bar

I'd like to know this, too. We'll be there next week. Was planning to visit Princess Maragaret Beach, and will go anyway, regardless of the status of Jack's. But, now, I'll know to be prepared with my own drinks and snacks.

World
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jack's Bar

As an alternative to Jack's, consider purchasing your drinks from one of the local vendors sitting in the shade with their coolers.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jack's Bar

I absolutely will! I didn't even know that that would be an option! Last time I was on that beach (when I visited Bequia for a day on a Windjammer cruise) there were no local vendors. In fact, there was no one on the beach except for the people from our ship.

Glad to know there will be beverages available for purchase. Will there also be vendors selling snacks?

World
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jack's Bar

about the snacks - sometimes yes and sometimes no - I would come prepared

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jack's Bar

Hey curious funny we spent a month in Bequia last year and never saw one beer vendor on pm beach. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm wondering if I could set up my own little racket there to help pay for our 3 months sabaticle.I just thought of some thing ,WONT WORK I would drink all the profits.LMAO.Ricardo

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jack's Bar

Just made a phone call...Jacks is to open on the 16th of this month...

There usually is a lady on the beach at Princess Margaret, can't remember her name, sitting back in the shade...she usually has a line strung up with pareos on it for sale, and a little table of trinkets, and a large cooler with cold beverages for sale...

Fernando's Hideaway at Lower Bay just reopened for the season...

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jack's Bar

Thanks for the Jack's update! The 16th will be our last full day on Bequia, so we'll make that Princess Margaret Beach day...or, maybe we'll hit Princess Margaret on thursday...for a quieter day there. Hmmm...will have to run all this by hubbie, see what he thinks.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jack's Bar

I have the same "approx" opening info on Jack's. It is actually not the cook who is ill, it is Tony's wife Marcia who is currently hospitalized in the US and hopefully will be back in SVG by mid December. Sad news. She is a very lively and good person. In the meantime I would take along a small cooler for visits to PM, I still do anyway! Never know when I might be able to buy some fresh fish or conch so the soft side cooler and some zip locs come in handy! Ricardo, don't open a business which is doomed from the start, what you didn't consume you might give away!!