We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights from BGI to BQU

USA
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
flights from BGI to BQU

Are the Grenadine Alliance flights from BGI to BQU typically nonstop, or do they stop in other islands on the way? Also, do they stick pretty closely to the schedule, or is it all on "island time"?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights from BGI to BQU

I'm guessing here, but I think a lot depends on how many passengers there are that day, and where they need to go. Just last month, we were the only two passengers from BGI to BQU, so (duh) it was nonstop. But, on the way back, when we boarded at BQU, the plane was full - BQU was the last stop before heading to BGI. Is that always the case? I have no idea. And, in my (very) limited experience, they stuck to the schedule like glue.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights from BGI to BQU

I've flown from BGI to Bequia, but just once. The flight there was direct (on one of the SVG Air BN2 Islander planes), but the flight back stopped in Canouan (on one of the larger Grenadine Airways Twin Otter planes).

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights from BGI to BQU

You know, I was going to ask about the choice of equipment on these flights, or if they always use the same planes for the route. It seemed kind of wasteful to me, to fly a 19-place plane from BGI to BQU with only two passengers, when a smaller plane would have done the job more efficiently (fuel-wise). But, then I guess I don't know where the plane was headed after dropping us off in Bequia - perhaps it was full by the time it headed back to Barbados. I'm not a big fan of flying as it is, so I wouldn't have been too keen on flying in anything smaller, but I know my husband would have loved if they had downsized our equipment :-).

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights from BGI to BQU

Don't rely on the timing too much -allow a buffer zone if you want to connect with international flights-flight scheduling from some islands can be - what's the word .......creative to say the least!

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flights from BGI to BQU

In the good ol' days (four or five years ago) a shared charter out of BGI was almost always non-stop. These days, they're only non-stop in the unlikely event you are the only ones on the flight. Which will probably then get re-scheduled instead.

The usual route now seems to be direct from BGI to Union on the way down. On the flight back to BGI, be ready for lots of stops.

Last trip, we left Union, flew about five minutes to Canouan, then to Mustique, then to Bequia, then to BGI. Oh, and we had to de-plane in Canouan while they re-fueled. Turned a 45 minute flight into almost two hours. Thankfully, we didn't have a connection in BGI.

Chesterton, IN USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: flights from BGI to BQU

Its always an adventure!

UK
Level Contributor
314 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights from BGI to BQU

We think of it as an opportunity to do some island-hopping free of charge!

8. Re: flights from BGI to BQU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 10:17