We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When did this become a business/political forum?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Topic
When did this become a business/political forum?

Let's get back to what this forum is all about. Slicricky, 32 days to go for me. Let's start planning our get together and day trips again.

I'll be there 1/22-1/31. If there are any forum members there during that time, let's meet and share our experiences and suggestions for new day trips.

Drinks at Keegans? Frang?

switzerland
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

i have to say i find the poiltical discussions very interesting, although i'm not quite sure if this is the right place to lead them.

anyhow, i will be in bequia from january 24th to february 12th and would be happy to meet up for a drink. although i'd have to warn you, i've got my two little ones in tow ;-)

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

Wednesday mornings we can usually be found having tea at the Gingerbread, watching the boats and the people, and thinking 'this would be a wonderful place to take a vacation'...Liz

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

22 day for us NY . Lets do the frangi.Are you coming in by boat? If you are let me know the time and we will meet you on the dock.Im guessing you will be the guy with theNYGIANTS tshirt on.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

35 days for us! Can't wait... with the weather we have been getting in Boston it is making our Bequia trip even more exciting.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

Slic, this time I'm flying directly into Bequia. Frang it is. Just name the date and time. As you know, we will be a party of 6 staying at Hilltop Villa. Yes, I will wear my NY Giants T shirt so you can find me.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

Let us know the date and we'll go to the Frang as well. We arrive on the 25th and we are a party of 4 for the first week and then 2 more join after that.

We want to find somewhere good to watch the Superbowl too, any suggestions?

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

the salty dog puts on a bowl party.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

I second Salty Dog. In any event, Slic, PM me with how to get a hold of you once we arrive in Bequia. I am seriously considering getting one of those phone cards that someone posted a while back ago as my cell phone bill was huge after my trip. Can you believe the villa owner said she won't have the phone hooked up for us to make local calls? Geez!

I know Curiousx will be there when we are there too.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

The phone cards are definitely the answer. If your villa has no phone, you can rent a cell phone reasonably and it helps when calling for reservations, taxis etc.

As for the Super Bowl, be sure you make reservations at the Salty Dog. The Playoff also are becoming popular there.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When did this become a business/political forum?

NYGiants...I can believe the villa owner wouldn't remove the block from the phone...you can't believe the horrendous phone bills from cell calls alone, not to mention long distance calls...some will remove the block for repeat guests and call the phone company the day before they leave to find out the charges, which they pay...it is certainly a lot less for them than calling collect or on their credit card...