We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

Nantucket...
10 posts
Save Topic
spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

Does anyone know if spearfishing is technically legal or illegal in Bequia. Does anyone know any locals who go lobstering and take me with them? Is there any local liscencing? Any info. is greatly appreciated.

World
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

spearfishing is legal for locals only. to my knowledge there is no licensing

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

Don't think any locals will take visitors on an illegal spearfishing venture. Spearfishing is off limits in all of SVG for non residents and they will know if you try it. A few years ago I witnessed some "yachties" being apprehended just off the point of Bequia while attempting some illegal lobstering, did not look like they were enjoying the experience.

bequia
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

What Lobster!!??

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

Is it another skinny year for lobster again?

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

I f you want lobster Flex is the man.he owns a boat and sells to the boaters. His boat is at the customs dock. his name is dunstan.

bequia
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

Lobster is now $25.00 a lb. and it is very limited in amount. Some is still incredibly being exported to Barbados and that is a sin! The fellow exporting is trying to get an import license so that people on Bequia can buy Bahamian lobster while our own lobster feeds the

tourists in other countries. Makes a lot of sense,no?

I tried Flex already but he did not answer his cell phone so no luck in that area. Luckily I am not crazy about lobster - much prefer fish anyway and there is lots of Mahi-Mahi to be had right now.

7. Re: spearfishing/lobstering in Bequia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 13:21